Immigration 24 hour address registration clampdown starts in Phuket

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
SPONSORS: Chavalit & Partners : AA Insurance
User avatar
Dannie Boy
Addict
Addict
Posts: 5067
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:12 pm
Location: Closer to Cha Am than Hua Hin

Re: Immigration 24 hour address registration clampdown starts in Phuket

Post by Dannie Boy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:00 pm

Yes clearly immigration will know you’ve entered the country at the airport if that’s your point of entry, I was referring to your local immigration office which unless it’s changed, is what the law says you should do - I think I stopped doing it about 5 years ago with no consequences


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCer
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1097
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:48 pm

Re: Immigration 24 hour address registration clampdown starts in Phuket

Post by RCer » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:24 pm

Ah, I think I'm following now. Its the local franchise thing.

Hahuahin
Member
Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:29 pm

Re: Immigration 24 hour address registration clampdown starts in Phuket

Post by Hahuahin » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:53 pm

My guess is that this old but now enforced requirement (even when return to same address) after a trip either in Thailand or abroad will be enforced in every province very soon. Its all in the "cards" from the "steering wheel".

HHTel
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 3655
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:44 pm

Re: Immigration 24 hour address registration clampdown starts in Phuket

Post by HHTel » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:18 pm

As usual, the HH office has the voice of reason. It was the same with the 'extra info' that you were to supply but HH refused to follow suit along with other mysterious requirements that have cropped up over the years. I doubt, Hahuahin, that the HH office will change their procedures. That's why they're always voted the No.1 office in Thailand. I'm so glad that I live here.

Hahuahin
Member
Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:29 pm

Re: Immigration 24 hour address registration clampdown starts in Phuket

Post by Hahuahin » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:50 pm

HHTel wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:18 pm
As usual, the HH office has the voice of reason. It was the same with the 'extra info' that you were to supply but HH refused to follow suit along with other mysterious requirements that have cropped up over the years. I doubt, Hahuahin, that the HH office will change their procedures. That's why they're always voted the No.1 office in Thailand. I'm so glad that I live here.
Lets hope your right but I allow me to be sceptical because I think Immigration usually follow old routine with the good and not so good that's include to any time, but this newest demand is IMO part of another agenda. :|

europtimiste
Guru
Guru
Posts: 772
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 12:19 pm

Re: Immigration 24 hour address registration clampdown starts in Phuket

Post by europtimiste » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:24 pm

Couple of years our travels ago there was a rule that you should report your travels even in Thailand. I never did it.
Another rule was that coming from abroad you should report to immigration within 24 hours. I did it after 4 days, when they asked why I waited 4 days, I said that before coming back to HH, I enjoyed couple of days at Patpong. They kept silent.........555

HHTel
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 3655
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:44 pm

Re: Immigration 24 hour address registration clampdown starts in Phuket

Post by HHTel » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:48 pm

It has to be noted that Phuket has always been different from the rest of the country.

RCer
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1097
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:48 pm

Re: Immigration 24 hour address registration clampdown starts in Phuket

Post by RCer » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:59 pm

HHTel wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:48 pm
It has to be noted that Phuket has always been different from the rest of the country.
Now that is whats called an understatement.

User avatar
aragon
Professional
Professional
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:12 pm
Location: The (Not So) Magic Kingdom

Re: Immigration 24 hour address registration clampdown starts in Phuket

Post by aragon » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:11 pm

oakdale160 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:31 am
Last time I did 90 day reporting I timed it--I was in and out in 17 mins--I think that is an excellent service.
You may consider it an excellent service, however I would categorise it as a gross and unnecessary intrusion, that is archaic and should be done away with :banghead: :rant:
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......

User avatar
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1360
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:14 am

Re: Immigration 24 hour address registration clampdown starts in Phuket

Post by 404cameljockey » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:32 pm

aragon wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:11 pm
oakdale160 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:31 am
Last time I did 90 day reporting I timed it--I was in and out in 17 mins--I think that is an excellent service.
You may consider it an excellent service, however I would categorise it as a gross and unnecessary intrusion, that is archaic and should be done away with :banghead: :rant:
It's a gross and unnecessary intrusion, and the service is excellent!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: holidaymaker, lomuamart and 7 guests