Immigration 24 hour address registration clampdown starts in Phuket

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Immigration 24 hour address registration clampdown starts in Phuket

Post by Nereus »

moater wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:48 pm
europtimiste wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:42 pm If you stay in a hotel, the owner will do it. That's about tourists.
You said "If you go to Bangkok, Phuket or Ch.Mai, they cannot know that you traveled", implying that travel within Thailand won't change your TM30 status. As I explained, that is not true for hotel stays (and some condo stays as well) and it makes no difference whether you are on a tourist visa or on a non-O.
Correct moater. It used to also apply even if you stayed with somebody in a Village. Not sure if it is still the case, but the law was that you had to notify the local police station. I doubt very much if the law has been repealed.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

huahin4ever wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:40 am I have stayed in HH for nearly 9 years and have never reported my address. My address is reported everytime I renew my marriage visa, and I have multiple entry and travel in and out of the country several times every year. No one has ever asked me to do 24 hours reporting and Immigration has never said or done anything.
My experience here in HH has also been the same. That was just reconfirmed today when I did my first 90-day report since returning from a trip out of the country. I had not reported within 24 hours when I returned (and neither had the housemaster for the house where I live) and the IO didn't even bat an eyelid.
limbu

Post by limbu »

A friend renewing his 12 month retirement visa at Muang Thong Thani a couple of days ago was asked why he hadn't done his 24 hour report with the TM30 form when he re-entered Thailand a month or two ago. He could have been fined, but wasn't, just redirected to the 24 hour registration queue which took 3 hours to get the registration done. He was told the need for registration was re-started in March 2019.

Is Hua Hin Immigration following suit? If so, can registration be done at Bluport?
With thanks.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Perhaps every ex-pat should have a sub-cut chip implanted then the Thai authorities could know your location 24/365.
buksida

Post by buksida »

oakdale160 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:10 am Perhaps every ex-pat should have a sub-cut chip implanted then the Thai authorities could know your location 24/365.
Be careful what you wish for. Some numptey in the government had suggested that farangs must have a state issued SIM card that can track their movements 24/7.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PJG
Professional
Professional

Post by PJG »

Did my 90 day report at Blueport a week or so ago. I have not re-entered the Kingdom since my last retirement extension in January but plan to leave and re-enter in a couple of months time. I asked the lady if we have now got to do the 24 hrs report on re-entry even though the address remains the same. Her reply was that now we must report the address again within 24 hrs.

Never had to do this before since my original address report.