New demands from Hua Hin immigration for marriage extension

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
fach3003
Professional
Professional

Re: New demands from Hua Hin immigration for marriage extension

Post by fach3003 »

buksida wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:23 am Wonder what the next requirements will be ???? hahaha ??? any thoughts ???

Wife's DNA, soiled sheet samples, and the ashes of a dead witness that was at the wedding 15 years ago?

:D :D :D :D :D had me laughing there : ))) you could be on to something! :cheers:
The only Geordie in sleepy Cha am since 2009 :cheers:
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

handdrummer wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:20 pm Always remember, if it simple and easy, Thais will make it difficult and complicated.
You mean, like when they changed the 90-day report that used to involve various pieces of paper and take on average around 10-15 minutes (not counting the time taken to fill the form) to a totally paperless process that normally only takes about 2 minutes? :D
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Extended for another year last September. In and out in 15 mins. Didn't even look at the paperwork!
buksida

Post by buksida »

Retirement = easy.

This thread is not about retirement extensions. :roll:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I agree, Buksi. I was responding to the last paragraph in your post that stated that even retirement visas require additional paperwork.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Your visit was September so is irrelevant, my comment was referring to someone that went two weeks ago, which is February.

New demands for bank statements also confirmed by the OP.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

GroveHillWanderer wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:44 am
handdrummer wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:20 pm Always remember, if it simple and easy, Thais will make it difficult and complicated.
You mean, like when they changed the 90-day report that used to involve various pieces of paper and take on average around 10-15 minutes (not counting the time taken to fill the form) to a totally paperless process that normally only takes about 2 minutes? :D
Only at Bluport.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

buksida wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:23 am
fach3003 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:53 am Wonder what the next requirements will be ???? hahaha ??? any thoughts ???
Wife's DNA, soiled sheet samples, and the ashes of a dead witness that was at the wedding 15 years ago?
HHTel wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:33 pm Yes, I have a retirement visa and have found HH immigration efficient in extending, 90 day report, residency certificate, re-entry etc.
Wow, HH is good at doing 90 day reports - which in reality shouldn't even be necessary, and 500 baht cash cow address letters that used to be free from the police station. As confirmed, retirements are easy, try extending a marriage visa and tell us how "great" they are, as in the topic of this thread.

:roll: :banghead: :guns:

FYI even for retirements now they're turning people away if they "only" have the bank book updated on the day and an official bank letter - now its a three month statement they want. Hua Hin only?
For once the U.S. embassy is good for something. I fill out a form stating my monthly income, they stamp the form, I give it to immigration and that's it.
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

Yes all it takes is an appointment with the Embassy and a trip there and payment of more fees plus the cost and time of travel.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

brianks wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:40 am Yes all it takes is an appointment with the Embassy and a trip there and payment of more fees plus the cost and time of travel.
Yes, and there's no other option. Also the American boss in the passport section is an ahole. But it is what it is and unless you can afford the high bank deposit alternative it's your only choice. I look at this way; it's my once a year trip to Bangkok and I can deal with it for 2 days. I spend hours in Kunikuniya Book Shop and a couple of music instrument stores fantasizing.
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

handdrummer wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:33 pm
Only at Bluport.
No, it's not just at BluPort. The 'paperless' 90-day report process is available at many immigration offices around the country (though admittedly not all, yet).
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

GroveHillWanderer wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:05 pm
handdrummer wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:33 pm
Only at Bluport.
No, it's not just at BluPort. The 'paperless' 90-day report process is available at many immigration offices around the country (though admittedly not all, yet).
My only experience is in Hua Hin and it's only available at Bluport, not at the main office at the beach.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

"FYI even for retirements now they're turning people away if they "only" have the bank book updated on the day and an official bank letter - now its a three month statement they want. Hua Hin only?"

Not so if you know how to do it.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

StevePIraq wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:37 pm Not so if you know how to do it.
Any chance you might share the secret with those who don't know?
This is the way
buksida

Post by buksida »

StevePIraq wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:37 pm Not so if you know how to do it.
Helpful, thanks. Care to share 'how to do it' if an immigration officer demands a three month statement as it applies to both marriage and retirement extensions?