AUD to Thai Baht

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

AUD to Thai Baht

Post by StevePIraq »

I used to live in the land down under, still have family, investments and property there which one day I hope to cash in and bring here or to wherever I am at that time. As such keeping a track on the exchange rate is very important to me.

The OZ$ really has taken a battering in the last 7 years, the resource boom has been and gone, property market has taken a hiding and interest rates have all but disappeared. The OZ car industry is gone. Banks are under investigation for illegal activities, god alone knows what else.

Since June 2011 the baht is down 25.03% against the baht and things are not looking any better in the future.

AUD Baht
07-Jun-11 $1 32.30
04-Jun-12 $1 30.60
01-Jun-18 $1 24.22 -25.03%
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
deepee
Guru
Guru

Re: AUD to Thai Baht

Post by deepee »

Rates around 25 baht to the AUD are considered the norm by many long term expats. Those days of up to 33 baht to the AUD were pretty extreme ,brought about by heavy buying up of the AUD when Oz interest rates were higher than elsewhere.

Don't be fooled by the talk of a dying resources boom in Oz, more coal, more iron ore,more gas, more lithium is being shipped out of Oz ports than ever before , ship loads more than ever before. The dud governments Australian's have had have been duped into giving it away.
Was a time there back in the late ninties than rates dropped to less than 16 baht to the AUD .Now that was tough.
The value of the Baht seems to defy rational thinking too, so that doesn't help you Steve
Complexity is so simply overrated
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

AU$ to Thai baht at a 10 year low of 23.8625.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
deepee
Guru
Guru

Post by deepee »

That's all to do with the dud political goings on in Oz at mo Steve.
Just wait and see how it drops further with the continuing crap the politicians expect the Aussies to put up with with the upcoming elections next year.It's a total disgrace.
Complexity is so simply overrated
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

deepee wrote:That's all to do with the dud political goings on in Oz at mo Steve.
Just wait and see how it drops further with the continuing crap the politicians expect the Aussies to put up with with the upcoming elections next year.It's a total disgrace.
I used to joke that Italy seemed to have a new leader every 6 weeks.
Now, as an Australian, I keep my jokes to myself Image