Thai Passport Clinic - Prachuap city

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
PeteC

Re: Thai Passport Clinic - Prachuap city

Post by PeteC »

Wife and daughter just did it together in May with me in tow and that's what they needed. I assume it's the same at all passport offices. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Can anybody provide a link on Google Maps to show where this is taking place, please?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

After this post I will post a map Pleng - a doddle to find (if you know where you're going :wink: )

All that my son needed was his ID Card and his old passport.

This was by far the smoothest Thai Officialdom I've encountered, We left home at 12:30, did what was necessary, had a meal in Prachuap and were home for 4 - really efficient. We don't get Thai Officialdom and refficient in the same paragraph very often, but this was brilliant.

I remember 5 years ago getting his previous passport. We left Hua Hin at 2am, and drove through the night. We started queuing at 6am, and he got to the end of the first queue at 1pm. We had a spot of lunch, and he joined the 2nd queue at 2pm and was done by 4:45. We arrived home about 9pm - totally exhausted.

Well done Thailand for getting something right.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Pleng, just drive South to Prachuap and turn left just past Makro at the lights (towards the football stadium) drive over the fly over and straight on at the lights. It's the last building on your right before you drive into the sea.
Picture1.jpg
Picture1.jpg (169.79 KiB) Viewed 823 times
Picture2.jpg
Picture2.jpg (74.22 KiB) Viewed 823 times
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:34 pm After this post I will post a map Pleng - a doddle to find (if you know where you're going :wink: )

All that my son needed was his ID Card and his old passport.

This was by far the smoothest Thai Officialdom I've encountered, We left home at 12:30, did what was necessary, had a meal in Prachuap and were home for 4 - really efficient. We don't get Thai Officialdom and refficient in the same paragraph very often, but this was brilliant.

I remember 5 years ago getting his previous passport. We left Hua Hin at 2am, and drove through the night. We started queuing at 6am, and he got to the end of the first queue at 1pm. We had a spot of lunch, and he joined the 2nd queue at 2pm and was done by 4:45. We arrived home about 9pm - totally exhausted.

Well done Thailand for getting something right.
Your previous passport appointment was probably at Pin Klao (I think that's how it's pronounced). I remember going there and after taking a queue ticket and monitoring the speed of the queue, we went for a meal and a look around the shopping centre and still had a long wait on our return.

Since then, we've gone to the relatively new MFA building out of town and the service there is very quick but a long drive.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, we went somewhere quite new for Mrs BB's, which was much better. However, today was as slick as any process I've seen for a long time. I'm very fast to criticise, but no complaints whatsoever today.

Points 48; Position 18
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Thanks for the map BB. That is indeed pretty easy :)
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:59 am OMG guys :oops:

Just having a mad 2 minutes. We're off to the Passport Clinic in 90 minutes with my son, and realised we don't actually know what we need with us :oops:. I've Googled, and have come up with:
  • Old Passport
  • ID Card
We'll also take:
  • Blue Book
  • Birth Certificate
Does anybody know exactly what is needed please?
I know we missed the Prachaub thing but my wife needs a new passport and I'd like to get that sorted out within the month.
We'll go to Bangkok, Chaeng Wattana I believe.
Can anyone confirm that the documents my wife will need are just old passport and ID card up there? No red book, no blue book, no yellow book etc etc and all the colours in the spectrum.
We really should have gone to that "clinic" but I just couldn't have been bothered at the time.
There's no immediate rush about the passport, I just think it's good that she has an up-to-date document to travel.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

All that my son needed at Prachuap was old passport and ID Card.

Points 48; Position 18
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Chok dii, BB.
I'm sure my wife can come up with a tabien bahn and we'll take that as well to be sure.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

My wife took her ID, old passport and tabian baan but said she was only asked for her ID card! Still better to take all.
The Ministry for Foreign Affairs (MFA) is a better choice if you're driving. Large car park and very efficient service.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

lomuamart wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:52 am
Big Boy wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:59 am OMG guys :oops:

Just having a mad 2 minutes. We're off to the Passport Clinic in 90 minutes with my son, and realised we don't actually know what we need with us :oops:. I've Googled, and have come up with:
  • Old Passport
  • ID Card
We'll also take:
  • Blue Book
  • Birth Certificate
Does anybody know exactly what is needed please?
I know we missed the Prachaub thing but my wife needs a new passport and I'd like to get that sorted out within the month.
We'll go to Bangkok, Chaeng Wattana I believe.
Can anyone confirm that the documents my wife will need are just old passport and ID card up there? No red book, no blue book, no yellow book etc etc and all the colours in the spectrum.
We really should have gone to that "clinic" but I just couldn't have been bothered at the time.
There's no immediate rush about the passport, I just think it's good that she has an up-to-date document to travel.
I don't know what Chaeng Wattana is like, but my girlfriend recently did hers at the office in Klong Toey BTS station. If you fill out the forms online first you are fast tracked through; she was in and out in 8 minutes; 22 minutes before her appointment was even due (you're supposed to arrive half an hour before you are scheduled to reconfirm the appointment. She checked in at dead on 2pm for her 2.30 appointment, and was out by 2.08)
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^^ MRT not BTS. :)
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

You are of course correct, hhinner. I was even telling myself not to make that mistake as I typed the post and still managed to, somehow!
Groodman

Thai Passport Renewal in Prachuap - 2019

Post by Groodman »

Last September in Prachuap there was a Mobile Passport Renewal Service for Thai Passports. Does anyone know if this service will be available this year. It would save the wife & I a trip to Bangkok.