Thai Passport and Australia Visa

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
johnhayward
Novice
Novice

Thai Passport and Australia Visa

Post by johnhayward »

This is my first posting although I have been an avid reader of this forum for the last 5 years. I have been visiting Hua Hin for the last 5 years to play golf and intend extending my visits in the future.
I have a friend who is a Thai National who wishes to visit Australia for 3 weeks. Consequently she will require a Thai passport and an Australian Tourist Visa.
I am seeking the following information:
Where is the closest passport office to Hua Hin
Where is the best place to apply for an Australian Visa

I am aware that she can travel to Bangkok (VFS Global Visa Application Centre) to apply for an Australian Visa for 3550 baht. However I believe that she can also apply through an agent in Hua Hin. I am prepared to pay a premium to save her an additional trip to Bangkok provided the cost is within reason.
If anyone has been through this process and are prepared to share the information it would be much appreciated.
Any other information re airfares etc would also be appreciated.
buksida

Re: Passport and Aust Visa

Post by buksida »

Welcome to the forum, the info you seek is all here!

This is the closest place to get a Thai passport, although it is a temporary office: https://huahinforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=36641

Here is the agent that handles UK/Aus visas: https://huahinforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=33307
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
johnhayward
Novice
Novice

Post by johnhayward »

Thank you for your amazingly quick reply.
However I have some concerns regarding both issues.
It states that the temporary passport office will open on 3 September which is too late as she was hoping to visit in mid September so she can get back to Hua Hin for the high season.
Also it appears that the Visa agent is in Pattaya and as I'm not sure that she has access to the technology to apply on line I would prefer an agent where she can attend personally.
Hope that i'm not asking to much.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The Passport Clinics normally only happen one week a year, so it looks like a trip to Bangkok.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I posted this once viewtopic.php?f=9&t=35802&p=457798 (10th post down)

I've never used them, and have no idea how good they are, or even if they are still in existence. They used to CLAIM to do what you want.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:30 pm The Passport Clinics normally only happen one week a year, so it looks like a trip to Bangkok.
As B.B. has said, it looks as though it’s a trip to Bangkok for the passport so it might also be best to combine that with a visit to VFS?
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Thai Passport and Australia Visa

Post by hhinner »

Maybe the first place to visit for the Aus visa is here: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/600-. The visa can be applied for online, but I suspect it will also involve a trip to VFS.
swoods58
Novice
Novice

Re: Thai Passport and Australia Visa

Post by swoods58 »

It's not trivial to get a visa to go to Australia like it is for us to come here. Use Google search and browse some of the excellent websites that explain the process. She will have to go to VFS for fingerprinting anyway. I have previously obtained 3 month SE and 12 month ME visas for my ex girlfriend and it's a complicated process. Someone needs to sponsor her and provide tons of paperwork and guarantee she will return.