Name difference problem renewing UK passport

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
TheSon
Novice
Novice

Re: Name difference problem renewing UK passport

Post by TheSon »

Big Boy...Can’t be done in the Thai Embassy unfortunately due to it being a forename change (confirmed by e-mail from embassy thenselves). Tabien Baan has to be changed first which can only be done in Thailand, then National I.D and passport thereafter. Good luck 👍
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

HHTel wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:26 am My two (leuk kung) daughters have two forenames, one western and one thai. They are both shown in their Thai and English passports.
Are both the Thai and Western forenames shown on their birth certificates?

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Yes they are. Born in the UK with UK birth certificates and Thai birth certificates from the Thai Embassy.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

I can now report that the person in question has sorted everything out. Three hours to get the name on the family card pchanged and new ID card issued. This involved shuttling between the MV office and Tessabahn at the crossroads. The next business day a visit to the passport office in Bangkok and another two days later to collect the passport. No bribes or financial assistance required to speed things up. The person is now on their way back to the UK and hopefully things will go smoothly there.