Sickness - Thai wife/UK husband

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Big Boy

Re: Sickness - Thai wife/UK husband

Post by Big Boy »

blahblah wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:37 pm
Big Boy wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:02 pm blahblah, I need to mention, my experience is over 6 years old now. Please check with the Home Office - things may have changed. They will, at the very least tell you how it is, and at best might help you to achieve what you want.
Big Boy, Immigration is crazy now. They look for pretty much any small reason to reject an application. Our last experiences with them cost us many thousands of pounds in lawyers, application fees, missed flights etc. I would not trust them at all. I would need to ask anon, or ask an up-to-date immigration lawyer.
It's never been easy. I think I saw it all whilst in the UK.

Certainly, please don't underestimate how cruel your own family might be towards your spouse. I have been disgusted at how relatives have treated widowed Thais. Basically given them notice to get out of the family home prior to them cashing it in, and buying her a one way ticket home. People often talk about it the other way around.

Believe me, Thai greed is nothing compared to what happens in the UK when the boot is on the other foot.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:57 pm I have been disgusted at how relatives have treated widowed Thais. Basically given them notice to get out of the family home prior to them cashing it in, and buying her a one way ticket home.
I hope I am not being insensitive, but how the hell do they get away with this? The widow is the next of kin, even without a will, I thought she was the beneficiary.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I think we should all step back from accusations of what might or might not happen by the family of blahblah and his wife - I’m sure he’s aware of the issues already raised and he knows the family situation much better than any of us do - the points have been made so no need to dwell on this at such a sad time.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:05 am I think we should all step back from accusations of what might or might not happen by the family of blahblah and his wife - I’m sure he’s aware of the issues already raised and he knows the family situation much better than any of us do - the points have been made so no need to dwell on this at such a sad time.
:agree:

What his/her family may or may not be like, shouldn't be getting discussed.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.