ATMs Down

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Big Boy

ATMs Down

Post by Big Boy »

The Kasikorn Bank ATMs were all down in Market Village this morning (I tried 3). They all give a time-out message. Don't know if its a temporary glitch, or a larger problem. A Thai lady suggested it was ALL ATMs.

DON'T GET CAUGHT OUT LIKE I DID :D
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: ATMs Down

Post by Takiap »

Other banks are not experiencing the same problem but their ATMs also won't work with a Kasikorn card. I tried various banks ATMs and had no luck so I went to the K Bank branch near the Esso filling station and was told their system has a problem. The lady I spoke to told be everything should be working at around noon time.
I also wasn't able to draw money out inside the bank either because I never had my bank book with me. :twisted:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

reminds me I cant count the number of times I have been into TBM. they have asked for and copied my PP data page. They must have a hundred copies of it.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Last day of the month and pay day, as well as pay up day to the people holding ATM cards as loan collateral/payment assurance. (Yes, it works that way in many Thai loan circles)

There will be some very angry Kasikorn Thai customers if the thing doesn't come back up quickly. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It's a computer, they go wrong. Just unfortunate timing. Could happen to anybody.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

You are correct Pete, there were several very unhappy Thais at the bank when I was there this morning. :D

Anyway, I've just checked my online banking, and it appears the problem has now been corrected/fixed.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Electronic banking services crash

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/genera ... recent_box

Electronic services of many banks - ATMs, mobile and internet banking - crashed on Friday morning. Messages on some screens said there were too many users.

Users complained about the problem through many media, as it is salary payment day for many people. Some commercial banks announced they were aware of the problem and promised to restore services as soon as possible.

Complainants referred to problems with Kasikorn Bank, Krungthai Bank, Thanachart Bank and Krungsri Bank.
Kasikorn Bank posted a message on its Facebook page KBank Live, saying parts of its system broke down and customers were unable to make some transactions, especially inter-bank lones.

Krungsri Bank stated on its Facebook page that its Krungsri Mobile Application was out of use, but customers could use online and ATM services.
Krungthai Bank stated on the homepage of its internet banking service that "Due to high volumes of transactions, our website is currently unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later."

Thai News Agency quoted Yos Kimsawatde, head of the payment system office of the Thai Bankers Association, as saying the problem started with a malfunctioning at Kasikornbank, which affected other banks because they shared a central switching system.

Kasikornbank was considering shutting down its system temporarily for checks and tests, he said.
....................................................................................................................
Considering the state of the wiring system in Thailand, the "service" is remarkably reliable.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Hmmmm - anyone remember this story from a couple of weeks ago?

https://huahinforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=36862
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

GroveHillWanderer wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:01 pm Hmmmm - anyone remember this story from a couple of weeks ago?

https://huahinforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=36862
I tried to check my balance on Kbank website around 9am this morning and whilst I got through eventually it was painfully slow and timed out twice. I just put it down to a temporarily dodgy internet connection at home.
I've been out all day and have come back to this and my first thought was as said above by GHW.
I'd better check my balance and it's just as well that I took the money for what I needed to do today, yesterday.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Bank system crash blamed on glitch

Banks' electronic money transfers, withdrawals and payment services crashed for several hours on Friday, with the blame laid on heavy interbank money transfers typically made at the end of the month at large banks.

The system failure could dent consumer confidence as Thailand hurtles towards the digital era and a cashless society.

The operational crash happened at Kasikornbank after interbank transactions flooded the KBank's electronic system, which also disrupted other banks' systems, particularly mobile banking service, said Ronadol Numnonda, assistant governor for the supervision group at the central bank.

"The Bank of Thailand monitored the problem and urged the banks to solve it urgently, as well as [temporarily] remove the troubled bank from the central system to alleviate the impact and let other banks resume operations," he said. "This process is in line with our procedures."

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/ne ... -on-glitch
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

But don't worry the Thai banking system is secure, if it's off line it cant be hacked
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali