GBP vs THB

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
miked
Professional
Professional

GBP vs TB

Post by miked »

Not if the exchange rate goes to over 150

What world are you living in.??? if that’s your most
intelligent comment why say anything. Or do you think your clever.??
by all means slag me off, but I do understand economics. you surely are in fairy land to even think a 150 baht rate.
miked
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Re: GBP vs TB

Post by JimmyGreaves »

miked wrote:Not if the exchange rate goes to over 150

What world are you living in.??? if that’s your most
intelligent comment why say anything. Or do you think your clever.??
by all means slag me off, but I do understand economics. you surely are in fairy land to even think a 150 baht rate.
miked
Well coming from a man who can predict the future I believe you, that rate is definetely impossible and prices to rise massively over the next 5 years is also impossible, what was I thinking. Very sorry I know your the clever one. Sorry! :(
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Re: GBP vs THB

Post by Guess »

miked wrote:Miked wrote august 2nd 2008

the baht/pound rate should be a worry to us all. next year when the u.k. starts cutting interest rates.????????? if lucky 60 baht per pound.??
miked

guess wrote august 3rd 2008

i don't know where on earth MikeD gets his informative predictions from
Sorry to be pedantic but I have always thought that a statement written in 2008 the mentions "next year" would be referring to 2009. Amazing prediction about the Baht. I guess you have inside information on that and that the Baht will remain static against a global currency basket. If I were you I would invest like crazy in Pound futures. 10% already. That could be 60% in one year. Of course you would know all about this.

BTW there were no posts on this thread on August 2nd or 3rd and my psychic powers are not what they used to be. If you think I am am going to hunt back through every topic for the You said, He said, She said bullshit you have another think coming.
miked wrote: mr plum wrote august 29th 2008

I note the Baht has strengthened against the pound again today

Baht/pound 61.2 august 30th 2008
I am sure Mr. Plum is over the moon at being quoted here on the current exchange rate. I think he got the figure from an outside source.
miked wrote: “guess” it must be obvious to all that my 60 baht prediction is coming true,
and a lot sooner than I predicted. hang on to your hats, it’s going a lot lower.
miked
So what are you saying? This early prediction means my futures are useless. You better take SJ's tip I think.

Back to plan A.

Can you give me the outcome of all the Premiership games for this weekend?

BTW. The premiership is the one that has all the top clubs in it but lets the odd Mickey Mouse team play a season once in a while.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

You can’t count anything out; whilst I was in Indonesia in 97/98 the Rupiah went from around 3500 to the pound at the start, up to about 27,000 at one point.
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

STEVE G wrote:You can’t count anything out; whilst I was in Indonesia in 97/98 the Rupiah went from around 3500 to the pound at the start, up to about 27,000 at one point.
Ah, those were the days.

I became a Turkish multi millionaire overnight in 1985.

I have just read a hot news story in the economist on-line.

"A pint of beer will rise to 4 pounds in London at sometime in the future".

So forget about sell by dates, protect against the future stock up with cans now.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I'm sure that some of us remember when the pound was about 40ish. That was 10-11 years ago. Then it went to about 90 after Thailand started The SE Asian crash.
Now it's around 60. As I've said before, that seems about right to me and I'm no economist.
However, I think the theory is that if that if the Baht drops in value, inflation rises.
All us expats think it's great when we get 65+, but I'm not so sure that it is so good long-term.
Any comments?
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

Guess wrote: "A pint of beer will rise to 4 pounds in London at sometime in the future".
I went back home for a 3 weeks vacation in May 2006.
Paid the equivalent of 10 pounds for a pint of beer so don't worry Guess.
4 pounds is a stunning bargain!!
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
miked
Professional
Professional

GBP vs TB

Post by miked »

guess ( the legend in his own mind ) wrote,
BTW. The premiership is the one that has all the top clubs in it but lets the odd Mickey Mouse team play a season once in a while.

the cab rankers (spurs) a top club !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dream on. my team are crap i agree. don't expect
ever to win anything but will never change.

perhaps you should switch to man city.
miked
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

Spurs are very average right now, but still around Top 10 in top flight over past 30 years, Top 7 ever for trophies won, Top 6 ever for attendance records. Could be worse.
Aren't Watford one of the worst teams in the Premiership history? :D

Current trend for anyone who's interested:

SJ
miked
Professional
Professional

GBP vs TB

Post by miked »

Spurs are very average right now,

your bottom. !!! sj you should go into thai
politics.
miked
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

GBP vs.ThBt

Post by margaretcarnes »

Bless you Superjoe for imagining Watford to be one of the worst in Premiership history. It won't last. By the end of the season Hull should have them beat! Well off topic though..
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

MikeD,

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you know enough about football not to make too many judgements 2 games into a season :wink:

Your exchange rate knowledge however is more impressive, when will the rate hit 60 ? 1st quarter, 2nd quarter ?

SJ
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Super Joe wrote:MikeD,

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you know enough about football not to make too many judgements 2 games into a season :wink:

Your exchange rate knowledge however is more impressive, when will the rate hit 60 ? 1st quarter, 2nd quarter ?

SJ
MikeDoh wrote:
Hang on a second I'll get me crystal balls back. I lent one to Elton so he could check tomorrows tulip prices.
Back to exchange rate. how does this leave Thaksin when the forced Man City sale goes ahead. Not good me thinks. He paid 68 Baht for each pound and will only get back 60. I suppose he is awaiting one of Mike's predictions.

So what is it Mike, Q1 or Q2?

PS. While you've got yer balls out can you give us a hint of the Chelsea v Spurs match. I reckon on putting 10,000 baht on Spurs to win 2 - 1. That gets me 66/1. If someone wants to chip in 5,000 Baht we could be millyonairs.
miked
Professional
Professional

GBP vs THB

Post by miked »

guess ( legend in his own mind)
i made a prediction on the future exchange rate of the baht. it seems to me that it will occur far quicker than i thought. if you understood economics and followed developments in the u.k. you would understand.
elton john has had very little involvement with watford since the days of graham taylor.
mock if you will, you are after all a legend in your own mind and can pobably walk on water, but you don't understand your electricity bill.???
my prediction thai baht rate is coming true. will yours for the cab rankers to beat chelsea.?? lets wait and see.

If someone wants to chip in 5,000 Baht we could be millyonairs.
sounds like del boy ??

miked
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

Gentlemen.
Please stop mocking each other and focus on the economy instead.

Thank you.
I intend to live forever - so far so good.