Keeping a 60 day tourist visa for entry later on?

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
dastott
Novice
Novice

Keeping a 60 day tourist visa for entry later on?

Post by dastott »

Hello everyone. First time poster here. I need some advice please.

I will be entering Thailand shortly on a 30 day landing visa as I will be staying only 26 days. Then I will leave for three days (to Japan) and then return to Thailand for 7 weeks. I won't have enough time to get a 60 day tourist visa in those three days (I will be far from the Embassy in Tokyo and the consulate in Osaka). Can I get a 60 day tourist visa before my first entry and use it on my second? Like, keep it in reserve? Or, do I have to use it on my first entry? Anyone done this? Any help appreciated. Thanks...
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Hello,
Useful information from you would be your nationality and where you're coming into Thailand from in the first instance.
Basically, your visa will be activated when you go through Thai immigration. It can't be saved.
If you're only going to Japan for 3 days, get a double entry tourist visa. Cuts out all the hassle.
It's possible to get a multiple entry Non O visa - but that depends on your circumstances and nationality.
Try THAIVISA. COM. There's masses of info on the forum board there.
Otherwise, I'll help as much as I can, given more info.
Clipped
Novice
Novice

Post by Clipped »

you can get the 60 day visa before you arrive then when you get to thailand , you can get a re-entry permit...this will allow you to go in and out at will.