Swampy to Hua Hin

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Riversider
Amateur
Amateur

Swampy to Hua Hin

Post by Riversider »

What is the best way to get to Hua Hin from Swampy, have been unable to find "new" route or how to get to it. If I get onto the BKK motorway from the airport what road signs should I look for? I normally end up going through Bangkok on the motorway and go over the impressive bridge. I'm sure there must be a better way.
Winkie
Guru
Guru

Post by Winkie »

As you get closer to Bagkok (maybe 15-20kms from Rama IX Bridge, you want to take a major left (which swings right via and overpass). Look for direction to Pra Pradeang, then keep going all the way to Bangkok Pattaya Motorway, following signs to Swampy and Chonburi.

Its a great route and saves a wholre bunch of time and hassle.
Only the crumbliest, flakiest Winkie....
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Uh, Winkie, I think he was asking for directions the other way round... :?
Winkie
Guru
Guru

Post by Winkie »

Yep!!! You are correct!!! Here it is the other way around!!!

From Swampy follw signs to Bangkok, this will bring you to the Bangkok-Pataya Express way.

Travel in direction of Bangkok for 7 kms, then bear left onto Kanchanapisek Road (becare to follow the signs to Rama II not Bangpa-In).

Stay on this road, follwing signs to Rama II. About 10-15 kms after crossing the Chaopraya, bear left following Signs to Samut Sakorn and Petchburi.
Only the crumbliest, flakiest Winkie....
Riversider
Amateur
Amateur

Swampy to Hua Hin

Post by Riversider »

Thanks Winkie, I've got directions for both ways now which means I wont get lost on way back.