Hua Hin Chat

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Hua Hin Chat

Post by Lev »

We have now installed a chat system so you can chat direct to other members online, try it out here:

http://huahinafterdark.com/chat/phpMyChat.php3

Or click the link at the bottom of this page.

You will need to register again using the same name and password as you have for the message board.
halau
Amateur
Amateur

Post by halau »

Hey Lev,

nice to see the forum still growing, the chat thing is a great idea
but the problem is all the time diferences and as you see so far
peeps log on then off because know one else there.
I have seen this before and the way we got around it was to have a set time when the chat is open so we all know there will be atleast the admin on to talk to and as time went by it built up to a nice little chat.

The other prob you could come accross is peeps logging on wanting to ask quick question and just leaving it on chat instead of posting it in forum. This long term can damage the forum as info for new commers will have been lost in chat instead of saved in forum.

hope this helps regards halau
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Halau,
Some good points you made there. We need to determine who will be using chat most and what time zone they're in ie. when will they log on. Probably better to base it on Thai time and have it on in the evenings or something.

There maybe questions lost in chat but i'm guessing that people wont say anything if nobody else is there.

Thanks for the input.
:thumb:
Len
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Len »

Lev,
This is fantastic, congratulations.
Keep an iron fist on the idiot element and eradicate swiftly those who
wish to make this a bangkok.com type of chat room.
LEN......
halau
Amateur
Amateur

Post by halau »

What i meant by the second paragragh was that you will find guy comming
on to the chat asking question then logging off and never really imputing in the forum itself, this leaves the main base of information empty over a period of time so new commers will look at the forum and think its not a very busy one and not bother to visit in future....

I have many thoughts on this and had first hand experience on some, so if ya want to talk more please feel free to contact me Lev, my chat on msn is the same as my email and you will have this ok
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

I'll roll with it for now. I've noticed that the posts stay on there for 24 hours so if any questions are posted i can see them. If it starts getting to the situation that you describe then we'll make some changes. Its all experimental for now :mrgreen:
halau
Amateur
Amateur

Post by halau »

:wink: :D