rabies

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sargeant »

That price includes stitches plus daily for at least 10 days cleaning the wound and changes of dressings plus some tablets plus removal of stitches plus the 8 EIGHT Jabs themselves and it was a very nasty wound.Plus all the paperwork to claim it from the insurance which the hospital does.
I also stated it is a maximum of 3,500 Erring well on the upside I would be very surprised if the insurance would cough up on a scam so i doubt if this is a mark up by the hospital :D :D
A Greatfull Guest of Thailand
liesbeth345
Novice
Novice

Rabbies vaccin

Post by liesbeth345 »

Yes, we, all 4 = 2 adults and 2 kids - got our rabbies vaccins just before we came to live in Hua Hin...need to do an other one next year...We did them just to be sure. Problem is, you can just be infected also when an infected dog licks your hands and you have an open wound on your hands...! So i think it's wise to have rabbies vaccin. have a nice day Liesbeth
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sargeant »

Just got the final official bill for everything on my now adopted stray tin shack kid 2,672 baht for everything
A Greatfull Guest of Thailand
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Yes, pretty nasty disease and 100% fatal if not treated in time.
I was bitten by a family pet in India in 1981. About 2 months later, I'm back in the UK and recounted the story to my parents.
A few days later, I answered my parents' telephone. It was the family doctor. He had been in touch with the rabies centre after my Mum had told him. I knew nothing about this at the time.
Basically, I was given 24 hours to confirm whether the dog was alive or dead or else I would have to have rabies treatment.
"But doctor, I'm OK. That was months ago"
"I don't think you understand, Lomu. You have no choice in this matter"
Anyway, the doctor got confirmation from my father that the dog was still alive, so I didn't need to go through the medication process.
I'm still afraid of water and am constantly frothing at the mouth. I put that down to too much Chang though :cheers: