Hua Hin to Cha-Am - Don't spare the horses! ;)

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Rider

Don't take it hard

I was a biker many moons ago and on my Goldie and Norvin used to have no fear and burn it all the time. When you're young it's a chance you take

When I came here 7 years ago I had a dream of owning a chopper once again. After a while that dream was shattered by the number of guys on crutches that had suffered the Thai driving style. One of them was a Hells angel who knew his bikes.

You and I and Chris met briefly in a bar in Binta but would love to meet up again soon for a beer and an exchange of views

Ride on and enjoy :cheers: :cheers:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

HuaHin to ChaAm - Don't spare the horses!

Post by margaretcarnes »

I think you're right there Richard, it's a 'yoof' thing, and as Rider has said he's in his Thirties, so I guess no amount of dire warnings are going to dampen the spirit. No offence to Rider - its like telling a kid to stop climbing trees. Human Nature. Without risk takers there would be no progress in the world. I just think that public roads aren't the best places to take those risks.
But it was sad to see pics in the paper this week of Eddie Kidd, whose condition is said to be deteriorating. Still a good looking guy though - I'd forgotten the underwear ad he did!
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
bluezephyr
Professional
Professional

Post by bluezephyr »

Dont watch if youre eating your dinner!

Nasty :shock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erFngeph3Y4
Mai ow Khup, Pom Ki Neow :)
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

bluezephyr wrote:Dont watch if youre eating your dinner!

Nasty :shock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erFngeph3Y4

bluezephyr :shock: :cry:

YUK. Any ideas what happened to the driver and passenger?

Reminds me of when I worked in a hospital and witnessed a young chap who was brought in face down on a stretcher, with a loo brush stuck up his ass. :?
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
Rider
Ace
Ace

Post by Rider »

rig wrote:Hi Rider, I spent 8 years in the London Ambulance service, it was almost a daily routine picking up 'hard' bikers weeping like little kids after they scratched their knees and hands. We found it rather amusing seeing these burly men crying only downside was when they hit someone else, then the triage system would put these hard men too the back of the que, hope you find help quickly when you come off in the middle of nowhere, oh, and you will, they all do ! :clap:
Well if your visiting a 'battlefield' every time you go to work back then I'm not surprised you're a bit jaded about it, I would be as well. :)
I'm still buzzing and, touch wood, still in the groove :)
Rider
Ace
Ace

Re: HuaHin to ChaAm - Don't spare the horses!

Post by Rider »

margaretcarnes wrote:I think you're right there Richard, it's a 'yoof' thing, and as Rider has said he's in his Thirties, so I guess no amount of dire warnings are going to dampen the spirit. No offence to Rider - its like telling a kid to stop climbing trees. Human Nature. Without risk takers there would be no progress in the world. I just think that public roads aren't the best places to take those risks.
Yoof indeed!

Yes and God willing I'll still be the same in my 60s. engine roaring in my ears and the world racing by :)

Just got back from a madcap biker blast from BKK to Chiang Mai via Mae Sot.

Remember when I mentioned about being left behind by other bikers if you did under 120 kph. Well these guys were at speeds of up to 200 kph!
I hung in there and blasted along at rocket speeds but told them it was beyond the pale.
They eased down to a more reasonable 140 - 160 kph for the most part. But they were older than I was! Cornering through mighty mountain passes like they were on a race track!
One of them braked sharply and caused another to low-side into the crash barrier (lucky it was there!) He wasn't hurt badly but when I arrived 3 minutes later (which tells you how fast they were going!) It looked like the (brand new) bike had been gashed to bits! Forks bent, panniers scraped and skinked.
I patched him up (the others were in shock) and we all buzzed (a lot more safetly) to Chiang Mai to get his machine seen to.

With bruised pride and jangled nerves there was no more mad max antics from them after that :)

Ok I've got another video to put on here (Motocross) then it's editing the last batch of them going like nutcases through BKK traffic then away and beyond to Mae Sot etc.