Hua Hin prostitution displaces students

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Hua Hin prostitution displaces students

Post by Lev »

Webster University's Thailand campus cancels housing due to prositution

Prostitution is pushing students out of one of the two official housing complexes utilized by Webster Thailand students in Hua Hin, Thailand.

John Maxwell, director of operations, said the school has officially cancelled its contract with the Hin Nam Sai Suay hotel where it housed students for four years due to the blatant prostitution which takes place in the "Style Club and Karaoke," located in front of the hotel.

"The karaoke situation at Hin Nam has always been a problem," Maxwell said.

But with expansions added to the club in January, Maxwell and other administration felt the time had come to stop housing students there. Not to mention it was in direct conflict with Thai higher education standards.

According to the regulations of the Thai Commission of Higher Education, which gives Webster and other Thai universities their accreditation, it's a violation of code to house students in a complex which serves alcoholic drinks by the glass and promotes "immoral action."

Click here for full story - Asian Sex Gazette
doczenith83
Novice
Novice

hmm

Post by doczenith83 »

I actually stayed at Hin Nam Sai Suay, during my summer term of 2005. I have to add that the prostitution is NONexistent if you do not visit either of the clubs. I dont see what the big problem is. I am going back for a semester, starting January. Staying at Hin Nam again, I argued my way to the place because living standards at Hin Nam are so much better than the other crap Webster offers. (VIP condo)...

Anyone going to Webster Thailand, try and argue your way out of VIP. Its horrible, dirty, and populated by more species of insects seen in the amazon rainforest.

Cheers
Regards,
DocZenith83
larry70dj

Post by larry70dj »

My GF is ( for the time being) an ex BG from HH. Some of her best customers were students and teachers from the various universities in HH!
Jake
Novice
Novice

procedure

Post by Jake »

.. As a student of WUT and familiar with the many different variables that go on in higher education this is a very understandable case and point.

WUT is the only Amercian/Thai acrredited univeristy in Thailand. Meaning you go to school here but your degree come from the states. Many of the policies and procedures that govern the American instutuions have been adopted here. It is illegal in many states to have a "wet" bar or "wet" campus. The student housing, actvitites and clubs, and other organizational hubs are forsaken against having alcohol on or near premises.
.... The prostitution part of it just happens to fall under the "lets talk hookers" again in southeast asia. This saga is beat to death already. Prostitution exists everywhere in the world and always will. You can head to Vegas,Amsterdam,Thailand,Brazil, and many other places to see this is true.
... Its obvious that an Institution of higher education can not affiliate itself with such "awful" things. Many organizations can not face such issues with an open forum. They continue to operate as if they don't exist and that these things don't take place... Of course teachers and students both participate in such "terrible" practices. Damn us!.... Hooray for Webster for making themself appear as a socially responsible institution... In the meantime you can start to see more of the WUT Students downtown and on their worst behavior. I will be starting some student activities with DJ's and live music at Johnnie Walkers shortly. Away from housing and near all the things that are bad for a student. cheers :rasta: