Gold Crown

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Gold Crown

Post by Lung Per »

An old gold crown came off the other day, and my excellent dentist decided it was time for a new one. He cleaned and polished the old one and handed it to me, suggesting that I go to a gold store to cash it in. After all, it was fine genuine 22 carat gold, and he belived that its should give me at least some 5000 BHT.
Now, I have been to two gold shops on the Chinese market street in HH, trying to sell it. They don't want it. Now would you believe that? They don't give a reason why, just shake their Chinese head and mumble something in Chinese or Thai, which I don't understand.
Seriously, folks. This is genuine gold. Where should I go to sell it??
A friend is only one click away
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Gold Crown

Post by margaretcarnes »

How strange - maybe the Thai Chinese have a thing about gold that's been used in that way? Maybe it's because it's 22 carat and Thai gold is nearer 24.
Two things puzzle me though. Not being funny but isn't 22 carat a bit soft for a crown anyway? And an even dafter question maybe (but might have some bearing on why it won't sell) are gold crowns hallmarked? :cheers:
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Re: Gold Crown

Post by Lung Per »

margaretcarnes wrote:How strange - maybe the Thai Chinese have a thing about gold that's been used in that way? Maybe it's because it's 22 carat and Thai gold is nearer 24.
Two things puzzle me though. Not being funny but isn't 22 carat a bit soft for a crown anyway? And an even dafter question maybe (but might have some bearing on why it won't sell) are gold crowns hallmarked? :cheers:
I am still looking for answers to my question; Where should I go sell it?? :cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Patience LP, I don't think many farangs on here have tried to sell a gold tooth before. Sooner or later some member will discuss it with their Thai wife and either get a positive and some words, or a frown in that the gold shops won't buy a tooth and you should melt it down first and not tell them it was a tooth. (my bet). :D

Now, you could go the radical route and go out for a nice dinner and drinks and plunk the tooth down for payment when they bring the bill. :shock: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Roel
Guru
Guru

Post by Roel »

The only place I ever heard of that is buying non-Thai gold is Cash Converters in Pattaya.
Maybe you can sell it over the internet, check this
We are all living in 'the good old days' of the future.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Gold Crown

Post by Lung Per »

Hehe, Thak's y'all. :twisted: