Je tem?

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
PeteC

Je tem?

Post by PeteC »

Excuse my French as that is what the above is meant to be? :shock:

There was an extremely sexy song (woman/man duo) in the late 60's with that name. I'm not sure if from France or, French Quebec. I heard it all the time in eastern Canada in the 1968-69 era.

Anyone who knows what I mean, have you seen/heard it on any of the download sites? Thanks. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Its Je T'aime - here you go Pete, sung by an English women married to a Frenchman!

http://www.janebirkin.net/uk/index.html
Talk is cheap
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

caller wrote:Its Je T'aime - here you go Pete, sung by an English women married to a Frenchman!

http://www.janebirkin.net/uk/index.html
Thanks but arrrrrrgh! That youtube video won't play here due to what they state "copywrite restrictions in your country..."

I'll explore the Jane Birkin site more to see if I can find it. I now have her name and can perhaps find the song on another link to her.

She looks a bit young in the photos to have a hit in 1968-69? :shock: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

How about this one?

There are loads of versions on YT -

Talk is cheap
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

caller wrote:How about this one?

There are loads of versions on YT -

No joy. Not to worry, I'll look more in the AM. Tonight's romantic interlude upstairs will perhaps be substituted with some John Philip Sousa famous renditions. :shock: :D :mrgreen: Pete :cheers:
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I used to play those in the Junior High School marching band if you want me to come over and serenade you and your lady! :D
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
elem
Professional
Professional

Post by elem »

The song's correct title is 'Je T'Aime Moi non Plus', and was sung by Jane Birkin & the late Serge Gainsbourg ( enfant terrible )

http://www.imeem.com/people/fJUPNpg/mus ... lus-music/

Their daughter, one of the more compelling French actresses of her generation, Charlotte Gainsbourg initially made her screen name parlaying wayward adolescence into an understated art form. Gainsbourg first impressed critics and audiences with her portrayal of the naive but rebellious protagonist of L'Effrontée (1985), earning a César for Most Promising Young Actress.
The daughter of French singer/songwriter/occasional actor and director Serge Gainsbourg and English actress Jane Birkin, Gainsbourg was born into substantial celebrity in London on July 22, 1971. Initially keen on being either an artist or a surgeon, she made her film debut playing Catherine Deneuve's daughter in the 1984 Paroles et Musique. That same year, she courted notoriety when she starred alongside her ever-irascible father in his controversial "Lemon Incest" music video.
London-born Charlotte Gainsbourg won the best actress prize at the Cannes Film Festival in May 2009 for her role as a grieving mother in the film Antichrist.
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.[Benjamin Franklin]
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

I thought of THIS when I opened the thread.

Now Johnny Depps wife.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

BaaBaa. wrote:I thought of THIS when I opened the thread.

Now Johnny Depps wife.
Open and it shows me Hannah Montana :shock: Yet another 'denial' because of location. I'll have to play with a proxy later today to see if that works. Pete :cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

elem wrote:The song's correct title is 'Je T'Aime Moi non Plus', and was sung by Jane Birkin & the late Serge Gainsbourg ( enfant terrible )

http://www.imeem.com/people/fJUPNpg/mus ... lus-music/
That link worked, thanks. Pete :cheers: