rental of scooter

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
eddysbay
Amateur
Amateur

rental of scooter

Post by eddysbay »

the better half has suggested when we are back in H/H we should hire a scooter to "get around and se more places".i would like some advice please regarding: 1) thai law on driving on u.k. licence. 2) best (and safest!) place to hire the scooter. i have heard people being charged for damage that was already done to the hired scooter,please advise areputable hire shop, thanks
le pew

Post by le pew »

Eddy, I have hired scooters planty of times and you are correct in looking for a reputable hirer. I always make sure the hirer sees me taking photos of the scooter at hand over time. Just use the camera on your phone. Also, if there is any existing damage, just point it out to the hirer. Give them the impression that you are not going to be "had" on return day. Often I hire from the hotel / guesthouse where I am staying. They generally recognise that it is not in their interest to have an unhappy guest.
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

Try the lady at Subhamitra Hotel, I rented from her numerous times. 150 a day for a week or more.
Happiness can't buy money