Football World Cup 2010

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Here's the draw table. Pete :cheers:

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thanks for that Pete - I'd completely forgotten. It looks as though the gods have shone on England.
Championship Millwall - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 21
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Big Boy wrote:Thanks for that Pete - I'd completely forgotten. It looks as though the gods have shone on England.
Yes, Englands first match is against the USA. :shock: Probably not an upset in the making but you know the Yanks, they won't go down easily. :D Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

prcscct wrote:Here's the draw table. Pete :cheers:

Think we should start a phrase 'Lucky England' seem to get easy draws all the time. FIX!
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I would say the outcome will look like this: France, Argentina, England, Germany. Netherlands, Italy, Brazil, Spain.

Possible wild cards: Mexico, South Korea, Japan, Portugal.

Pete :cheers:
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

I'm going to predict now a Spain v England final, and that Brazil, France and Argentina will get knocked out in the group stage. You heard it here first folks! :D
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Final for me will be Italy and Portugal
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

My prediction is:

1. Italy
2. Germany
3. Brazil
4. South Africa

But I don't believe it myself.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Spain

Netherlands

Slovenia

Brazil

Not checked if that's possible.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
stgrhe
Professional
Professional

Post by stgrhe »

richard wrote:Final for me will be Italy and Portugal
I don't think that is possible as they are on the same side of the chart (bottom half), at best they could meet in the semi.
stgrhe
Professional
Professional

Post by stgrhe »

I'd say Germany from the top half and Spain from the bottom half are being my favorites to reach the final.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

My prediction is Spain are twice as good as any team in the competition.

Good luck to anybody trying to deal with Torres, Villa, Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso, Fabregas, Silva, Riera, Mata, Senna etc etc.

Frickin Fabregas struggles to get in the team and the best keeper in the Premier League is their 2nd choice keeper for christs sake. Image
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Anybody recall if the WC or Euros were on True or normal TV in the past?

England KO on my Birthday around midnight but I'm hoping I can watch us smash our American friends at home rather than heading out at stupid o'clock.

:cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

BaaBaa. wrote:Anybody recall if the WC or Euros were on True or normal TV in the past?

England KO on my Birthday around midnight but I'm hoping I can watch us smash our American friends at home rather than heading out at stupid o'clock.:cheers:
Yes. I remember the WC in 2006 on UBC but don't know about the Euros. Thai TV 3 and I think 7 also shows the WC and if you have UBC/True theres a way to change the Thai commentary with the remote and get the live English version in the event the UBC/True sports channels change their mind and don't broadcast live this year. Pete :cheers:
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Sorry Pete, take UBC completely out of the equation and I can still watch all the WC? :cheers:

As an aside a friend told me you can change the language on afternoon cable movies via the remote! :? I don't watch enough TV to have tried. (AKA My GF owns the remote :oops: )