How to display images

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
Big Boy

How to display images

Post by Big Boy »

Can somebody please advise how to post an image on this site. There have been a couple of times in the past when a picture could well have painted a 1000 words.........................but I can't make it work.

According to the help message at the top of the screen, you simply
Insert image: [img]http://image_url[/img] (alt+p)
I've tried this in the past with something like:
but it just don't work (or at least it doesn't work in preview).

Be assured, I'm not intending to overload the site with images - would simply like to know how to do it for the odd occasion that it would be appropriate.

Thanks.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Works if you use jpg or gif. The system doesnt allow Bitmaps.

Wont overload the site if they're hosted elsewhere.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thank you buksida,

I hope that is one of life's great mysteries solved. for some reason, although my personal web site hosts hundreds of jpg and gif images, whenever I've experimented with HHAD, I've used bmp files - I guess that somewhere in the back of my mind I didn't want to succeed.

Well, here goes my first attempt using a jpg file (subject matter is completely meaningless now - albeit, it was relevant back on 22 Mar 06, but that was another thread)

The Preview works
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Success!!! Thanks again! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: