Devastation

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Mongo Slade

Devastation

Post by Mongo Slade »

Devastated, yes I was, and I still am. It isn't my nature to wear my feelings on my sleeve, but if it helps me feel better......so be it.

My fiancee, my reason for retiring to Thailand in the first place, just dumped me or maybe I should say that she slammed dunk me!

She said to me after returning from a four day trip to some remote village wedding ceremony, that after thinking and thinking....she didn't think that were right for each other, our personalitys didn't completely match. yes of course I agree, it's more to it than that. However, I never saw it coming though.

I've been walking around like a zombie for the past three days. I have to refocus, get it together.

I still love the LOS and I still want to visit, but I just don't know how I'm going to fit in now. My g/f or x g/f is a police sargent, who speaks perfect english. When I visited there she met me at the airport and took me back to the airport when I left there. What I'm trying to say is this......I don't want a bar girl, Though there is nothing wrong with them mind you, however that's not what I'm looking for. I used to hang out bars when I was younger, but that was then and this is now.

My introduction to Thailand was like a dream come true, I had my own interpertor, a beautiful Thai woman, educated, who knew her way around.

My next visit will be totaly different. I've been spoiled....now I will have to fend for myself. I won't have the safety net I had before.

I'm reaching to ask for some support in the form of useful advice from the ex-pats on this forum.

One must always revisit the past in order to move ahead to the future.
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »

try www.thailovelinks.com and good luck!
Burger
Ace
Ace

Post by Burger »

Have a look at the geezer in the 2nd last pic, page 2.
He has some kind of mammal on his head.

Burger

PS: I did also look at the females pictures :oops:
Last edited by Burger on Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Burger
Ace
Ace

Re: Devastation

Post by Burger »

My next visit will be totaly different. I've been spoiled....now I will have to fend for myself. I won't have the safety net I had before.

I'm reaching to ask for some support in the form of useful advice from the ex-pats on this forum.
Mongo,

Just get yourself over for your next trip, meet up with a few people off here, go out for a few beers and a laugh around town. Believe me you'll soon get over this bad experience and start having a good time again.
There's plenty of nice ladies in town outside the bars, there's also plenty of nice one's inside them.

Burger
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Hi Mongo,

Sorry to hear about your breakup. Sounds like you found a great girl there but dont live in the past, there are many nice girls here and not all from the bar. Sure you will find another when you return - if you want to, and if you dont then so be it. I am single and live here and have a fantastic life, tried the g/f thing with a really lovely girl but it just wasnt right so we split, we still speak and have no animositiy. (well i dont anyway!) Enjoy yourself fella and get back to LOS soon.
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

Hi Mongo,
So sorry to hear of your recent experience you must feel awful. My best advice for what its worth is take it slow for a bit, dont leap into another relationship trying to recapture what you had.
Just be patient and i'm sure you will find that special someone again.
www.35mmview.com
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

Wise words from all (except maybe Burger but he has obviously got some hair fetish). Terribly sorry to hear of your situation as well, and I am sure there are others here who have been through similar anguish, so plenty of sympathy and empathy. Hopefully you won't let this stop you from coming here and continuing with your plans to retire here, as it would be a real shame if that happened - I am sure I can speak for many on here by saying that we all hope to meet you and welcome you to our community in person. It will be hard at first, and I know how hard as I put everything in to my marriage to my Thai girlfriend, only for that to fall apart, and it took me some time to recover, and I made some major mistakes with other girls along the way, so the 'don't jump in' advice is particularly important. But it will get better, believe me. I found Hua Hin to be a perfect place for my rehabilitation so maybe it will be for you too.