The new Bangkok Hospital in Hua Hin

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: The new Bangkok Hospital in Hua Hin

Post by sateeb »

Cheers Dr M...Thanks for the quick response.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

That sounds like a great program, Dr. Mike! If the checkups are priced affordably I will certainly take advantage of it as my Dad and my only brother both have had prostate cancer so I need to keep a watch on that.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Post by T.I.G.R. »

Hi Dr. Mike -

Great news about the men's clinic. I've already had Prostate Cancer and have been dealing with resulting problems for a few years now. It will be very nice to have a Dr. to consult with here, Actually more than nice.
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

Hey, very progressive of Bangkok Hospital Hua Hin!

Does the "bright young urologist" have enough training/experience in endocrinology to handle interpretation of testosterone test results and treatment, or will that still fall upon the once-a-week endocrinologist who visits from Bangkok?

To add to sateeb's question, will there be packaged options patterned after BNH: "M Packages"
Dr Mike
Guru
Guru

Post by Dr Mike »

There will certainly be packages--i'll post those as soon as they are organised--I am not familar with M packages but I would think that they are the same.
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

Dr.M: the "M packages" in my previous post is a clickable link if you want to see what BNH offers.

I recently started on testosterone therapy with the once-a-week endocrinologist who visits from Bangkok, hence my query about whether the local urologist would be able to handle that.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Went tonight for a rib pain

X-ray 350 Bht
Doc 300 Bht
OPD 300 Bht............WTF? Just a guy who helped me to the x-ray room. No nurse
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK, I've got to ask, "What's an OPD please?"
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've just Googled it, and I guess it's either Officially Pronounced Dead, or Out Patients Department. I assume it's the latter, so what's wrong with being charged as an out patient, when you were one?

Points 41; Position 18
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Big Boy wrote:I've just Googled it, and I guess it's either Officially Pronounced Dead, or Out Patients Department. I assume it's the latter, so what's wrong with being charged as an out patient, when you were one?
Normally in the Polyclinic (HH) or Bumrungrad (BK) 50 Bht
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK, I've got nothing to compare the cost with, so I'll have to leave it to one of the locals to agree/disagree with the value for money aspect. However, as an outsider living in the UK, I'd not consider £6 too excessive to avoid a trip to Bangkok.

Points 41; Position 18
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

Big Boy wrote:OK, I've got nothing to compare the cost with, so I'll have to leave it to one of the locals to agree/disagree with the value for money aspect. However, as an outsider living in the UK, I'd not consider £6 too excessive to avoid a trip to Bangkok.
There is no comparison with the two examples Richard gave, the Polyclinic & Bumrungrad, one is closed at night and one is over 200kms away :?

There are other alternatives in Hua Hin at night ofcourse, like SP & HH hospitals, but we've found Bangkok Hua Hin Hospital to be cheaper or certainly no more expensive for basic services like x-ray's and doctor's consultations, but ofcourse the standard of care from those places doesn't even remotely compare. Hence the comparison with closed non-hospitals in town rather than open hospitals in town. After declaring the following about the hospital Richard is just exhibiting rank hypocrisy by continuing to put himself under their care... "The doctors don't fit the bill and really don't give a sh1t. I speak with experience and comparing them to doctors I know in HH they fall short of basic requirements"

And all over 200 Baht :laugh:

SJ
jamesfrancis1

Post by jamesfrancis1 »

Have an appointment tomorrow with HH hospital.

Hope it stands up well as reported here.

Let you know how it goes.

Polyclinic & Bumrungrad, one cheap and one over priced, unless you are Arab!!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Are you sure you've got an appointment at the correct hospital? Hua Hin Hospital, is not the Bangkok Hospital in Hua Hin.

Points 41; Position 18
jamesfrancis1

Post by jamesfrancis1 »

Thanks Big Boy for pointing out the mistake in my post.

Yes it is the Bangkok Hospital in Hua Hin.