[ADVERTORIAL] The Dutchman Hua Hin Bar & Restaurant

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
johnnymac

Re: [ADVERTORIAL] The Dutchman Hua Hin Bar & Restaurant

Post by johnnymac »

I've been a couple of times with the family and friends - once for the fish and chips and once for the steak and pepper sauce. Both meals were excellent - even the kids ate most of it :)

Well done manouhh - I'll definitely be back again!
manouhh

Post by manouhh »

No the cheese soufflé is some of the few things we have that are really typical Dutch. In the menu it is also under the 5 Dutch courses we have. They are imported from the Netherlands.
Next time please ask, my staff is happy to show you what it is. But typical Dutch cheese soufflé should tell you it is not French style LOL.

I have to apologize on the side dish though. It is EXTRA fried potatoes with white cabbage that is intended to take with a main course. That is all correctly stated but I by accident copy pasted with white cabbage on the menu, what was a mistake. So purely a typo where I take full responsibility.
The baked potatoes comes with some veggies, that is correct. Not peppers, but paprika (I know they look a like, but the way one of the healthiest veggies around.) and some unions.
Every day fresh and most people love it. If unions don't suit you, please ask next time to serve without unions, that is no problem at all.

I was in around 6 o clock today and we had a fried potatoes order around 15 times, but taste is very important, some people don't like what others do, so as you know what is looks like, again, tell us your special wishes and my staff will be happy to serve you.

My wife was there I think. She is the only one not wearing our "Dutchman" polo shirt but still serving.

As you say I was not there.. I was in my other companies office. Unfortunately I cannot be there the 13 hours a day that we are open, but I have the up most respect and confidence in my staff and wife serving.
They did call me as you asked about the white cabbage and I told them to politely ask you if you preferred something else.

Hope you liked the typical Dutch soufflé. Not much we can cook on it as it comes from the Netherlands and is a imported prepared product, but some Dutch murder for it ;)

Hope to see you again.
Regards,

Manou
manouhh

Post by manouhh »

johnnymac wrote:I've been a couple of times with the family and friends - once for the fish and chips and once for the steak and pepper sauce. Both meals were excellent - even the kids ate most of it :)

Well done manouhh - I'll definitely be back again!
Thank you very much Johnny! We will be happy to have your family back again!
Regards,

Manou
Foodie

Post by Foodie »

Foodie wrote:I stopped by the Dutchman today for a late lunch. I ordered the cheese from souffléthe special board and Fried potato's and cabbage.
The cheese soufflé was a rectangle about 3/4 inch thick breaded deep fried piece of cheese. when it came I was confused about this being a . I musoufflést say the fries were cooked well and crispy. The potato and cabbage dish came with potatoes onions and peppers, No cabbage. I did send it back as I did not want onions.
I did go home and googled Dutch Cheese soufflé and saw a photo and discrition of exactly what I got. Please put a photo or a discription of this as it is not what I would have ordered. I was looking for the owner but I didnt see anyone who could have fit. I didnt want to get into it with the server who when I didnt accept the potato and cabbage was very graceful about it :D
I will say that the photo of the POFFERTJES looks yummy.

No the cheese soufflé is some of the few things we have that are really typical Dutch. In the menu it is also under the 5 Dutch courses we have. They are imported from the Netherlands.
Next time please ask, my staff is happy to show you what it is. But typical Dutch cheese soufflé should tell you it is not French style LOL.

I have to apologize on the side dish though. It is EXTRA fried potatoes with white cabbage that is intended to take with a main course. That is all correctly stated but I by accident copy pasted with white cabbage on the menu, what was a mistake. So purely a typo where I take full responsibility.
The baked potatoes comes with some veggies, that is correct. Not peppers, but paprika (I know they look a like, but the way one of the healthiest veggies around.) and some unions.
Every day fresh and most people love it. If unions don't suit you, please ask next time to serve without unions, that is no problem at all.

I was in around 6 o clock today and we had a fried potatoes order around 15 times, but taste is very important, some people don't like what others do, so as you know what is looks like, again, tell us your special wishes and my staff will be happy to serve you.

My wife was there I think. She is the only one not wearing our "Dutchman" polo shirt but still serving.

As you say I was not there.. I was in my other companies office. Unfortunately I cannot be there the 13 hours a day that we are open, but I have the up most respect and confidence in my staff and wife serving.
They did call me as you asked about the white cabbage and I told them to politely ask you if you preferred something else.

Hope you liked the typical Dutch soufflé. Not much we can cook on it as it comes from the Netherlands and is a imported prepared product, but some Dutch murder for it

Reading your previous posts you said you wanted feedback, So I give you feedback and I feel you have gotten defensive. As you can see I said your staff was gracious, I would not expect you to be there all the time I made a statment that You were not there to talk to so i posted the feedback. I love cabbage and it sounded good with potatos, that is what i wanted I didnt taste your other dish and said nothing about it except it wasnt what I ordered, but you want to tell me how many you sold that day and how good it was. WHY did you need to say that. it now pissed me off. My comment about the souffle was also with me saying I looked it up and then saw that that is a DUTCH souffle, all I recommended was a picture or an explaination on the menu which I thought was good advice. I do not want to think I needed ask a server what it was. Being it is not a typical souffle as most of the world would think of a souffle maybe my advice is good or have your staff tell a person what it is if they order it. Sorry to say I would have tried your place again but now Not, Too many choices. Good Luck.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

It says Dutch souffle , would "not French" in brackets be sufficient?
Foodie

Post by Foodie »

BaaBaa. wrote:It says Dutch souffle , would "not French" in brackets be sufficient?
:idea: :neener:
manouhh

Post by manouhh »

I didn't mean that in a offensive way Foodie.

I only stated the amount as people sometimes change it on purpose, as a side dish it wasn't actually ordered that many times. Sometimes something comes with mashed or fries and people ask to change it to the fried potatoes we serve. I was only trying to state, liking unions or for instance the paprika that is in there is a matter of taste and we will be happy to change it to fried potatoes without any veggies if you ask.
The white cabbage that was stated with the side dish was as I said before a copy paste error of my own when making the menu and I apologized for this error. I must have copy pasted a different line than I intended and that went unnoticed.
The mashed is with white cabbage inside, that is where the error comes from.

I didn't intend to offend you in any way nor did I realize you could be offended with my prior comment and do appreciate any feedback.

If I did offend you I do apologize.

I do still hope we see you back at the Dutchman.
Regards,

Manou
Foodie

Post by Foodie »

manouhh wrote:I didn't mean that in a offensive way Foodie.

I only stated the amount as people sometimes change it on purpose, as a side dish it wasn't actually ordered that many times. Sometimes something comes with mashed or fries and people ask to change it to the fried potatoes we serve. I was only trying to state, liking unions or for instance the paprika that is in there is a matter of taste and we will be happy to change it to fried potatoes without any veggies if you ask.
The white cabbage that was stated with the side dish was as I said before a copy paste error of my own when making the menu and I apologized for this error. I must have copy pasted a different line than I intended and that went unnoticed.
The mashed is with white cabbage inside, that is where the error comes from.

I didn't intend to offend you in any way nor did I realize you could be offended with my prior comment and do appreciate any feedback.

Manou,

If I did offend you I do apologize.

I do still hope we see you back at the Dutchman.

Manou,
Thank you for this response and apology.

Foodie
manouhh

Post by manouhh »

Nothing to do yet for Christmas?

We are organising a special Christmas Dinner (25th of December) at The Dutchman Hua Hin.
5 courses per menu all together. Please do not forget to reserve via 080 246 264 0 if you want to join us!

MENU 1 (MEAT) 649 THB
Day fresh sliced baguette with home made pork pate.
Filled eggs topped with a pinch of cayenne pepper dressed with mayonnaise based chive sauce.
Cantaloupe melon rolled in fresh pharma ham.
New Zealand imported lamb cutlets with anchovy garlic sauce, chestnut mouse mixed mashed potatoes and asparagus.
Fresh lemon or chocolate cheesecake

MENU 2 (FISH) 649 THB
Tartar from smoked salmon mixed with fine cut charlottes with fresh garlic sauce on the side.
Filled eggs topped with a pinch of cayenne pepper dressed with mayonnaise based chive sauce.
Crab cocktail, made out of fresh real crab meat combined with homemade cocktail sauce.
Imported soy-glazed tuna steak with chestnut mouse mixed mashed potatoes and asparagus.
Fresh lemon or chocolate cheesecake.

If needed please look at our website for more info and of course we want to wish you all happy holidays!

Last edited by manouhh on Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

Manou
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Will this menu be available through New Year?
This is the way
manouhh

Post by manouhh »

dtaai-maai we have not yet decided what to do with the 31th to be honest, although we will be open.
We have just started advertising this menu for Christmas and possibly we will continue it on boxing day (26th).

For the 31th of December we will decide what the plans are as soon as possible.
I imagine it will probably be with good food, a well filled glass and fireworks ;)

The 1st of January we will be closed.
Regards,

Manou
manouhh

Post by manouhh »

I see what you mean now dtaai-maai! I didn't state this is for now the menu only for the 25th of December 2012.
Luckily I was still able to edit and changed this now.

But like I said.. it might be available later as well. I will let everyone know!
Regards,

Manou
manouhh

Post by manouhh »

We had a few more bookings again, so please reserve as soon as possible!
Regards,

Manou
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

I there a particular availability time on Xmas Day?
manouhh

Post by manouhh »

Yes bapak, we take reservations per table. So when we are out of tables we wont take any more reservations ;)
Regards,

Manou