Stop Car Payments

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
deepdown
Amateur
Amateur

Stop Car Payments

Post by deepdown »

Gettin Divorced and the Car is in the wifes name,if I stop the payments then does the car get repossesed and sold and whatever is left after the balance is paid,the wife gets ! Anyone know if this is what happens ?
PeteC

Re: Stop Car Payments

Post by PeteC »

IMO once you've defaulted and it's repossessed, that's the end. No money upon sale back to the loan holder at all. I'll be pleased if I'm wrong. Good luck and be strong, I know it's a hard time for you. :( Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
deepdown
Amateur
Amateur

Post by deepdown »

Cheers Pete,would rather loose it all than let her walk away with it !!Harsh but that's the way I feel ! Will just have to buy another! :guns:
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Maybe she will sell it. Probably end up in Isaan somewhere
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
ste860
Deceased
Deceased

Post by ste860 »

if you stop paying it will be reposesed (spelling) after about 3 months ,thats where the fun starts is there a garantor , if so they will get a few calls and letters ,yhis will put pressure on you ex wife to clear the debt otherwise both will be black listed now if they both cant pay the arrears its snatched back by the finance company and auctioned off ,with them both having defaults registered on it ,if you want to take over the car you simply approach the finance company and say you will clear the arrears as long as its transfered to you ,
deepdown
Amateur
Amateur

Post by deepdown »

Cheers for the replys.
Ste860,good info ,think that is the way I will play it !