Driving standards..Thailand Vs Russia.

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Driving standards..Thailand Vs Russia.

Post by usual suspect »

OK you lot, as many of you know I'm always bitchin' about Thais & their driving habits on here.
WELL..
, I've been trawling thru' the many,many 'Crash compilation' videos on youtube recently..
... it would appear that most of these accidents (recorded by Dash-cams) are coming from Russia,
(& there-abouts).
You have to watch some of these vids to believe them..these drivers are not 'switched-on' at all!
Yes the Thais undertake, they drive the 'wrong' way down dual-carrigeways..etc,etc, but generally
(compared to the motorists in these films) the Thais are aware of whats going on around them..(till their phone rings anyhow... :banghead: )
IF you have not yet seen any of the many 'Crash compilation' vids on youtube, please take the time to do so..it will
A)..Make you slow down a bit & make you look out for idiots a bit more..or maybe..
..B) Fit a dash-Cam, to certify WTF really happened when the MIB arrive & try to blame/extort you! :guns:

On that note I wish you all a safe drive always.. :cheers:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Driving standards..Thailand Vs Russia.

Post by Dannie Boy »

I've driven in a number of countries in the Middle East and sub-continent and by comparison, Thailand is not that bad and certainly better than the Philippines. In Western Europe, Portuguese drivers are surprisingly unaware of risks and you can often encounter a madman (or mad woman) coming around a blind bend on your side of the road. Having said that, there's plenty of room for improvement here in LOS.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

We have a few 'active' Russian members now. It would be very interesting to hear their opinion.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

I've driven in several Central American countries and Mexico.

After that Thailand has been easy :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

U.S.,
there's more videos from Russia because they're into car-cams... if Thailand did the same I think you'd find the driving as equally bad.
And the Middle East/North Africa is far worse in my experience. Libya and Egypt are just wacky races on class A+ drugs.
Makes you certainly appreciate driving back home in Western Europe.
Courtesy and Etiquette are fabulous words when used on the road.
:)
GN.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

GN..with you being a fellow 2-wheeler..if you can bear you sit thru it..try 'no prisoners 2012' on youtube..1hr+ of bike smashes!! OK, some are plain stoopid, but many are pretty damn tragic mate.. :-(
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

usual suspect wrote:GN..with you being a fellow 2-wheeler..if you can bear you sit thru it..try 'no prisoners 2012' on youtube..1hr+ of bike smashes!! OK, some are plain stoopid, but many are pretty damn tragic mate.. :-(
I lasted a minute U.S. (where's the crying face).
Think a few more large glasses of Jimberboomboom before I can proceed.
:cheers:
GN.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Ginjaninja wrote:Courtesy and Etiquette are fabulous words when used on the road.
I'm just wondering how many have tried it here? I did, and it's a bloody dangerous game to play, and likely to cause an accident. Problem is that if you yield to anybody, there always a kamikazi motorcycle trying to jump into the smallest of spaces, and cause absolute havoc.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Ginjaninja wrote: I lasted a minute U.S. (where's the crying face).
Here it is... :cry:

:D
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

Driving standards..Thailand Vs Russia
.... or China vs. Thailand :shock:

:cheers:
SJ
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

5 5
Been a while since I've literally L.O.l. (detest the term) but this clip is brilliant.
I'm going to give the poor soul the benefit if the doubt and assume his throttle was sticking.
:mrgreen:
Thanks,
GN.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

Hahaha!
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
Home_and_away
Novice
Novice

Post by Home_and_away »

I've been to Moscow and got the impression that the bigger car rules the road. Same in Ukraine, cities like Lviv, Kyiv, Odessa have unbelievable driving and parking, virtually the cars get on top of each other, there's lots of swearing,shouting and burning cigarettes flying out of windows. Compared to the UK and Germany, it's chaos, very much tension, absolutely unable to relax behind the wheel. I wonder if driving habits depend on culture or fines or whatever else?
Gregga

Post by Gregga »

The main reason that there are tons of this videos on Youtube from Russia is that drivers in Russia equip their cars with these dashboard videocams due to a high risk of fraud bogus car crashes and lawlessness of their police officers who extort money for law violation weather its real or fake. So since there are plenty of cameras on the road they record everything including car accidents. All is needed to upload them on Youtube. I'm not saying that Russia is a safe pace to drive - the roads are ruined there except for from Kremlin to Putin's residence : ) And yeah people are aggressive in Russia (Most drivers in Moscow spend 2-4 hours in traffic every day!) But if you look at world statistics there are many countries with much worth scenario - you just don't find many videos from there. As for Thailand I assume Thais just believe in reincarnation and they don't care if they die today or tomorrow. :laugh:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Ginjaninja wrote:I'm going to give the poor soul the benefit if the doubt and assume his throttle
Oh God, I've only just stopped laughing! Thanks for that SJ!! :thumb:

I see another version claims the guy was drunk.

Too much.
Talk is cheap