Crazy Scot in the bars

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Crazy Scot in the bars

Post by Lev »

Scotian2012 wrote:For this website to condone singleing out individuals and potentially support posting photos of them is completely wrong - and worth official investigation.
This website condones nothing of the sort, check your facts before making false accusations. No photos or personal information on the individual in question has been posted in this thread, doing so would be a violation of the terms and conditions of this forum, as is making threats towards it.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Scotian's 'Scottish Independence' thread has started all over again...

God help us all.

:D
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

I think this guy waving a knife around pissed out of his mind looses any right to privacy in the interest of public safety this man obviously needs to be avoided or better still removed before a tragedy happens.

As for Scotians comment on being resists yeah ok that's why a lot of us are married to Thais and if he was a bit more thai Savey he would realise that Thais discriminate against foreigners in every respect in Thailand but that's another story.

Mods maybe you need to have some sort of warning for people with a fragile ego that they might get offended on a public forum. :idea:

Kendo. :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Grim Reaper
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Grim Reaper »

The OP is only hearsay. Until the accused is proved to be guilty we can not permit him/her to be identified on this forum. Stop discussing forum policy, and return to the subject matter or the thread will have to be locked.
You reap what you sow
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

There's a few different opinions floating around here on these 3 pages..well that's what a forum is all about..airing your thoughts..
...my thoughts are simply this
At the time in question I became bloody frightened..simple as that folks.
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

Post by heartofmidlothian »

I am also Scottish but not at all offended. Just makes me think that if I go into a bar and open my mouth, then I might clear the place within minutes. I better put on my best English or Irish accent.
Scotian2012
Professional
Professional

Post by Scotian2012 »

I could post many posts entitled "Mad Englishman Goes Crazy" in Hua Hin Bars...so whats the point of this post - other than giving you an opportunity of posting nasty narrow-minded anti-Scottish posts - pretty much sums up HHAD - a little englander forum

If he was drinking whiskey he must be Irish, because no self-respecting Scot would drink whiskey - only whisky please.
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

I don't see any anti-Scottish posts in this thread. There's a couple of humorous references to stereotypical images of Scottish people in the media but in general most posts seem to relate to the thought that the prospect of a shadow boxing, knife wielding drunk could be sitting next to you and your wife/family, regardless of his nationality is not a good thing and a number of them from Scottish people.
The point of the post was that Usual Suspect had never seen this before and wondered if it was common knowledge or not.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Scotian2012 wrote:I could post many posts entitled "Mad Englishman Goes Crazy" in Hua Hin Bars...so whats the point of this post - other than giving you an opportunity of posting nasty narrow-minded anti-Scottish posts - pretty much sums up HHAD - a little englander forum

If he was drinking whiskey he must be Irish, because no self-respecting Scot would drink whiskey - only whisky please.
To be honest, you're making yourself look like a narrow minded fool. Here's a guy, wielding a bloody knife in a bar and you get the hump because its offensive to some perceived Scottish sensibilities'. For God's sake, if he was Scottish, what's wrong with saying so! Jeez, I spent all my career working in Govt. which drowns in PC crap, but nothing as dumb as this.

Edit: Scotian, just say we meet at a bar and after chatting for a few minutes, I ask what part of Scotland are you from - will you be offended?
Talk is cheap
Scotian2012
Professional
Professional

Post by Scotian2012 »

...So as I said, last week, there was a Dudley Moore lookalike in Bintabaht...he was groping the girls in the bar, he was treating the Thai guys like they were inferior to him - he said he wanted to fuc* the sister of the Thai guy. He started pushing the guys playing pool, everybody felt embarrassed to have such a stupid prick in the bar - why would he not just f#ck off and go morris dancing...I'm gonna start a post on this
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Scotian2012 wrote:pretty much sums up HHAD - a little englander forum
Apart from the fact it so obviously isn't, would that be a problem for you? Or are we looking at the proverbial 'pot calling the kettle black'?
Talk is cheap
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

It seems that Scotland has been having a big crackdown on knife crime at the moment:

Search powers to target knife crime across Scotland
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-22255743
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Subject matter- crazy man in bar having an argument with an imaginary guy whilst wilding a knife and drinking neat whisky from his personal bottle.
Scotian removing the Word Scot from this it still does not look very good does it !

We have all met some right old loons in Thailand but this is very different would you sit and want to drink with him you're fellow Scotsman

Scotian for-goodness sake don't go across the road drinking with the Canadians across at U-Turn they will rib you from where you come from they banter with me but I don't find it offensive or rasist. Just banter.

Kendo. :(
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

Crazies and drunken fools come from everywhere. No one has a monopoly on that kind of behaviour. A shadow-boxing drunk loudmouth should be all the description anyone needs to avoid the fool.
Happiness can't buy money
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Post by poosmate »

Glasgow has often been referred to as the most dangerous city in a developed world. many other links are available

Maybe he is and ambassador trying to export their specialty in readiness for their independence. :twisted:
no more dePreston