International School

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Thaiclan
Amateur
Amateur

"A" levels

Post by Thaiclan »

For Big Boy: your son's 2nd year of "A" level could be completed at a Bangkok boarding school - have you considered this?
A friend of mine did the same 2 years ago and there 16year old went to complete his at the Regents school in Pattaya. Apparently he had a blast and he got 4 "A"s to boot. He is now off to University at MIT.
There are lots of boarding schools in Bangkok to choose from.
Just a thought
:D
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thaiclan,

Thank you :cheers:

Yes I am considering that, but I would prefer to keep him local at a school in Hua Hin if there is something suitable. I've never really been a fan of the boarding school concept - nothing wrong with them, just my personal preference.

Out of interest, how does cost of a boarding school in Bangkok compare with the suggested Hua Hin cost of 70,000Baht per term?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Thaiclan
Amateur
Amateur

cost of boarding

Post by Thaiclan »

Good news is that he was not an "A" student in the UK (was expected to get c's and d's), but they encouraged him to do an extra 1 here so actually took 4.
Bad news is that the cost was high financially. 120,000baht per term tuition plus 80,000baht per term boarding.
:roll:

But then he won a partial scholarship to uni - so it worked well for them :)