Information on V Bar (was up2u bar)

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
Charliemyson
Novice
Novice

Information on V Bar (was up2u bar)

Post by Charliemyson »

Can any one throw light on v bar (was up2u bar) altho good investment was put into a refit it didn't take off to we'll any reasons offered would be appreciated or oppinions
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Re: Information on V Bar (was up2u bar)

Post by ahandpatsy »

Remind me where it is !!
Charliemyson
Novice
Novice

Post by Charliemyson »

Soi salekam towards jings , large bar years and years ago lolitas
Charliemyson
Novice
Novice

Post by Charliemyson »

And thank you
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

My personal opinion is because of the structure of the building, (it's not small), it's not an open-fronted bar like most others. I think the Thai owners directly after Lollitas put in some wider doors, or maybe just started opening them more, but it still has the feel of two seperate areas... inside and the outside seating. I think maybe that makes it a bit disjointed with the two areas especially when not enough people... think all them parties you been to with 15 people in the lounge and 10 in the kitchen... and I think also a lot of people don't like walking in somewhere they can't quite see properly beforehand. Like I'll happily wander in any old open-fronted shop but don't fancy the one's with doors where staff can pin you down until you buy something.

Don't know how much of the frontage is structural columns or basic walling that can be knocked out, but that's what I'd do. Look at Johhny Walkers, which also has more permanent frontage than a roller-door, but look how they've managed to form massive opening's in it to give the feel of an open-front. Or put some kind of outside bar area in like some places do.

Just my opinion like, I could be barking up the wrong tree and find out I'm a raving claustraphobic or something. Also it's a bit difficult to reach an informed opinion given you have to factor in that the two Dutchmen running it are both complete headcases in their own right :shock: :D I mean that in a nice way being friends etc.

Good luck :cheers:
SJ
Charliemyson
Novice
Novice

Post by Charliemyson »

That make good sense to me,and so gratefully for you input I know exactly how you mean with open frontage same like Tina's bar
Charliemyson
Novice
Novice

Post by Charliemyson »

I can only thank you but next time in hua hin have a beer on it to say thanks
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

That place bounces from owner to owner, no one seems to know how to maximize whatever potential it has. The front court is empty, it should have a drinking area to show activity. Inside is large open space with no sense of coziness or atmosphere. IMO punters prefer bars that offer some atmosphere they are comfortable in rather than large impersonal space.
Happiness can't buy money
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

Agree with SJ completely. You can't really see what's going on inside. That's enough to keep me outside.
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

I think the core problem with this site is that the staircase is at the centre and front of the building, effectively dividing the facade.

If the stairs could be relocated to the rear or side of the building, a more coherent and attractive bar could be created.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...
Charliemyson
Novice
Novice

Post by Charliemyson »

Thank you you for your input greatly appreciated and respected, the owner informs me he removed the outer wall to the front 2 weeks ago , are your opinions within the last two weeks or based upon last season ?but one thing for sure you all sem to agree which is a great help on deciding thank u
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

get better birds as well, that always helps to get punters in
Charliemyson
Novice
Novice

Post by Charliemyson »

Yes the femail lure is important and many have vices would like to work with me but at the same time I want to provide a good place to work from
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Without trying to sound rude, mean or nasty, it might be worthwhile finding ladies who have not yet reached their sell by date. I also think some of the bars might benefit if they provide bathroom scales on the premises for the girls to use.

Each to his own, but I am certainly not enticed into entering a bar where there are five overweight middle aged women for every one good looking girl.

Coincidentally, I actually had a couple of beers in the bar being discussed, but this was about four months ago, so before it changed hands again. I was kept company by a very good looking lady, and also a very pleasant girl who not once asked for a drink although I did get her a couple. She was in no way pushy, and we just had a good laugh in a place all to ourselves......great. I did find out though that she was only standing in since she was actually working at one of the other bars in town.

Anyway, good luck to the new owners, hopefully they manage to make it work.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Charliemyboy, I take it you are a partner in the joint. Salakem has never been lucky for bar owners and I guess it depends on what your main pitch is. Girls, music, good beers at a reasonable price, or what?

The last time that location was successful was as a bar with pool, girls, grub, arm-chairs and quiet music. At that time it was managed by Aussie Rod who then converted it into Lolitas which for a spell was a successful novelty. Most punters then found out the services could be provided elsewhere at a cheaper price
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.