Local resturants in Khao Takiab

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Oaks
Rookie
Rookie

Local resturants in Khao Takiab

Post by Oaks »

I am to stay at Sea Hua Hin Al Fresco Resort south of Hua Hin town.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a close by good Thai restaurant within walking distance? I always like to try the local cosine. :)
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Re: Local resturants in Khao Takiab

Post by SunandFun »

Not sure where your condo is but my favorite eating places are 1) Jan Lerm Restaurant close to Cicadia Market, 2) Papa Johns Restaurant a little further south.
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

The best one I can think of within easy walking distance of that resort is Rom Mai. It's on the main Takiab road nearly opposite where you will be staying, but well hidden and not well signed. Everything I've had there, both Thai and Western has been very good. Use the search function on this forum to get some directions from other people.

Also near there is another good open air style Thai restaurant but I don't remember the name. It's also on the opposite side of the main Takiab road and also near your resort. You'll recognize it if you walk along the road when you see a place with the bow of an old wooden boat sticking out of the front of the kitchen area. I recommend the pepper fish in this place (no bones, bite sized pieces of fish in a wonderful pepper rub).
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

hhfarang wrote:The best one I can think of within easy walking distance of that resort is Rom Mai. It's on the main Takiab road nearly opposite where you will be staying, but well hidden and not well signed. Everything I've had there, both Thai and Western has been very good. Use the search function on this forum to get some directions from other people.
Or rely on the kindness of strangers . I'm a Rom Mai fan.

On the main Takiab road heading south, it's .3 kilometers (300 yards to us Yanks) past where the center divider ends. It's next (south) to a shop with an eye-catching sign: Miss Nong's Famous English Pantry Pies.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Rom mai is an old favourite for sure, I had a terrible meal at Janlerm and will never go back, raw chicken. Usa Mas is near to Oasis bar and is a lovley old place. There is a little coffee shop near to Lets eat which does a mean Pad Thai. Pun seafood is past Anantasila on teh beach on right handside - excellent seafood.
Lovely little place just past Jamjuree Baan Thai cafe i think its called. Good food everywhere in Takieb!
Riversider
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Riversider »

The food in Oasis bar is very good as well, large portions and reasonably priced.
Oaks
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Oaks »

Thank you all for your help, now I have an idea what to look for. I will try to find Rom mai for sure.
:cheers:
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Let everyone know how u get on and tell us if you find any other good places!
Oaks
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Oaks »

JW wrote:Let everyone know how u get on and tell us if you find any other good places!
Sure I will do that as you all been helpfull :)
Best regards
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

When we were there we used to go to Usa-mas Restaurant, I am not sure if it is still there as the lady who owned it was elderly. We did have some authentic food at reasonable rates. I used to steer clear of the commercial restaurants.
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Post by SunandFun »

Siani wrote:When we were there we used to go to Usa-mas Restaurant, I am not sure if it is still there as the lady who owned it was elderly. We did have some authentic food at reasonable rates. I used to steer clear of the commercial restaurants.
I got food poising there eating shrimp. Better to take the road next to the convenience store towards the ocean. There is a great seafood restaurant at the end of the road. About 500 meters. It has a "boat" name and is in the shape of a boat. Over looks the fishing village of Khao Takiab.
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!
tweedychris
Amateur
Amateur

Post by tweedychris »

its called rua rimtarn great value .service typical thai some days good some bad but well worth going
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

tweedychris wrote:its called rua rimtarn great value .service typical thai some days good some bad but well worth going
That's my regular seafood restaurant. I have been going to that restaurant probably 30-40 times the last 2-3 years and I have been very pleased every time. Even my Thai wife says that this is her favorite seafood restaurant and the dishes we normally eat there have been very consistent with regards to quality and how they prepare them each time :D
YNWA
Telstar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Telstar »

Sounds good! Should definitely visit that place then:)
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

I got this from another post...googled it...it looks good and BB ate fried ice cream there. I will try it out next time...any other reviews?
Supatra Hua Hin Resort is situated at the Hua Hin beach in Khao Takiab