Hua Hin Restaurant News

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Restaurant News

Post by richard »

Spent a very pleasant time on the beach today at the newly opened Sea-Sun. It is run by Oat who is the owner of Bon Appetite on soi 80. His menu is identical and the setting superb. On the beach at the bottom of soi 77. Opens at 11am and closes at 4pm

Today was special so it was pig on a spit and mountains of chicken, hot dogs and of course his pizzas (IMO the best in town).

Downside is parking. OK on a bike but limited car parking so it is possible (happened to us) to get blocked in by some crazy inconsiderate driver.

Will certainly be busy during the high season for people strolling down the beach
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Relatively easy to park a car at the bottom of Soi 79.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

HHF : Saiboo was open last night when I went past around 6.30 pm. I went for the first time a couple of weeks ago and noticed this anomaly on the menu; Bratwurst with curry sauce - 139 Baht and the next item on the menu is a special offer, Bratwurst with curry sauce and french fries 99 Baht ! I asked if it was a smaller portion of Bratwurst but no, it's just their house special offer. Decent meal for 99 Baht if you are not a big eater. :cheers:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

richard wrote:Spent a very pleasant time on the beach today at the newly opened Sea-Sun. It is run by Oat who is the owner of Bon Appetite on soi 80. His menu is identical and the setting superb. On the beach at the bottom of soi 77. Opens at 11am and closes at 4pm

Today was special so it was pig on a spit and mountains of chicken, hot dogs and of course his pizzas (IMO the best in town).

Downside is parking. OK on a bike but limited car parking so it is possible (happened to us) to get blocked in by some crazy inconsiderate driver.

Will certainly be busy during the high season for people strolling down the beach
talking with Oat last night and he said opening hours are 9-5
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Pagey wrote:HHF : Saiboo was open last night when I went past around 6.30 pm. I went for the first time a couple of weeks ago and noticed this anomaly on the menu; Bratwurst with curry sauce - 139 Baht and the next item on the menu is a special offer, Bratwurst with curry sauce and french fries 99 Baht ! I asked if it was a smaller portion of Bratwurst but no, it's just their house special offer. Decent meal for 99 Baht if you are not a big eater. :cheers:
Yes, I drove past and noticed they were open again last night as well. They seemed to have closed for one week (last week). Maybe the owner/staff needed a holiday. Great that they are back open. Excellent German food though they only open at 4 p.m. (Sunday through Friday, closed Saturdays) and as usual here parking (a four wheeled vehicle) nearby can be a challenge. I usually take my car to the car wash on the opposite side of the street at 4 and have a late lunch/early dinner while my vehicle is being cleaned. That avoids the parking issue.

I've had the Brat/curry, though not at the special price, and it was good. The combination surprised me. They make a really good jaeger schnitzel which is what I've had on the last two visits.

As with your example above, be sure to look at the laminated cards in a holder on each table before you order. There are specials and combinations there that are not in the regular menu.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
ridgeydidge.au

Post by ridgeydidge.au »

For those of us who love genuine delicious Thai food, we had lunch at "Baan Tormai Bar and Grill" or in Thai " Kor kon baan tormai" or something like that, which is located on Petchkasem near corner of soi 23 directly opposite the Chevrolet/Nissan dealership on soi 24. They have a range of popular Thai foods.
The mixed beef noodle is to die for. It's run by a young Thai family who take great pride in their work.
It's cheap, delicious and uses good quality product. We love it and so it seems, did the many smiling Thai families sharing the same restaurant with us. I was the only farang in the village.
No it's not my business, and no I don't have any pecuniary interest, just a passion for great food and boy do they deliver.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Out of curiosity what's happened to Naab Thong Restaurant? No posts about it for 6 months, and their advertorial is expired. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

prcscct wrote:Out of curiosity what's happened to Naab Thong Restaurant? No posts about it for 6 months, and their advertorial is expired. Pete :cheers:
My GF was up there 2 days ago and they were busy.

:cheers: :cheers:
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

^Good on them. Always loved the place but I've been remiss lately with all the new choices. Must put them back on the "regular" list! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Thinking of trying the manor, near Springfield golf course on Sunday afternoon. Has anyone eaten there?
This is the way
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

dtaai-maai wrote:Thinking of trying the manor, near Springfield golf course on Sunday afternoon. Has anyone eaten there?
Well, they have a nice website, but no phone number. There's an email address, but they don't reply to emails. Lunch is today now, instead of tomorrow, so we'll pop round just to make sure they're still alive...
This is the way
Huahinian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Huahinian »

A couple of guests invited me for dinner at Aglio's on Naebkehard Road. I was very impressed with the food all of which appears to be mid-price range. Not crowded and easy to park. I will return.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

We found the Manor. Looks nice. It's also very closed.

No problem, we thought, we'll just pop into Cha'am and go to that seafood place at the north end of the beach road. Jesus H, have you ever tried to get into Cha-am on a Saturday at lunchtime?

We managed to get to the U-turn eventually and head back to the bypass. Decided to head for HH. I suggested Naab Thong, but Mrs D-M said that Bee was in England and they were back to Thai food only these days, which would explain the silence on here if correct.

Went to Zab thingy on 112 next to the Floating Market and had a very nice, very late and much needed lunch with plenty of Chang.
This is the way
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

No problem, we thought, we'll just pop into Cha'am and go to that seafood place at the north end of the beach road. Jesus H, have you ever tried to get into Cha-am on a Saturday at lunchtime?
Yes, and when we finally made it to that restaurant, it was packed and took about an hour to get served, if you go on a weekday there are about six customers there at lunchtime. I must admit that as I don't work when I'm Hua Hin I can forget what day it is and make these kind of mistakes.
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

Bee is definitely not in the UK and it is business there as usual.