Best spot for Kiteboarding in Hua Hin

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
hs5324
Novice
Novice

Best spot for Kiteboarding in Hua Hin

Post by hs5324 »

I come to Hua Hin from December 1 - 10. It is my first trip to Hua Hin. Any reccomondations as far as the kite schools/spots are concerned? I want to take a few lessons to refresh my skills and then rent material for the rest of my holidays.

A friend of mine, who comes along with me is an absolute beginner. We need a kite center/spot where we both can stay and enjoy kiting.

Thanks for any recommondations/suggestions,

Horst
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Re: Best spot for Kiteboarding in Hua Hin

Post by Lung Per »

hs5324 wrote:I come to Hua Hin from December 1 - 10. It is my first trip to Hua Hin. Any reccomondations as far as the kite schools/spots are concerned? I want to take a few lessons to refresh my skills and then rent material for the rest of my holidays.

A friend of mine, who comes along with me is an absolute beginner. We need a kite center/spot where we both can stay and enjoy kiting.

Thanks for any recommondations/suggestions,

Horst
Hi and welcome.
There are excellent kite surfing facilities with schools, training etc. on the beach some 10 -15 miles south of Hua Hin. Unfortunately I forgot the names and exact locations, perhaps others can help. There are also good hotels in the area.
Enjoy!
:thumb:
A friend is only one click away
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Lung Per wrote:
hs5324 wrote:I come to Hua Hin from December 1 - 10. It is my first trip to Hua Hin. Any reccomondations as far as the kite schools/spots are concerned?Horst
There are excellent kite surfing facilities with schools, training etc. on the beach some 10 -15 miles south of Hua Hin. Unfortunately I forgot the names and exact locations, perhaps others can help. There are also good hotels in the area.
Enjoy!
:thumb:
The kite surfing schools are on the beach between Paknampran and Kao Kalok.
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

No need to go out of town. Go down Soi 75/1. There are schools by the beach. Just be aware that winds in the last 3 years have not been favourable. Check with the instructors.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

barrys wrote:The kite surfing schools are on the beach between Paknampran and Kao Kalok.
I agree, and these schools look very popular judging by the amount of kites I see in that area. However, if you are looking to combine with night life, you will be better off staying in Hua Hin.

These guys are worth contacting http://www.huahinmedia.com/huahin-kitesurfing.php . I'm sure they would be able to answer most, if not all of your questions.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
kelseyreichert
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kelseyreichert »

Hi there!

There's a kite school on Soi 83. It's called I'm there almost every day and the instructors are great! You can just stop by the shop and sign up for lessons whenever you want, as long as there's wind!

Here's their website:
huahinkitesurfing . com

If you need directions or any help, feel free to contact me!