Gym Rats arround?

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
VeniceBeach

Gym Rats arround?

Post by VeniceBeach »

Hy there! Are there any Gym-Rats out there? Just wanted to know, who is working out at the gyms of Hua Hin?
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Gym Rats arround?

Post by richard »

Good one up soi 102 I believe :duck:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

Not Venice Beach material by a LONG shot, but like to lift!
VeniceBeach

Post by VeniceBeach »

PBbeacher wrote:Not Venice Beach material by a LONG shot, but like to lift!
Same here. No Venice Beach Material but Working Out with pasion!

Where do you go for your workout?
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

time constraints leave me training at home mostly but if I can I go to soi 94.. as soon as soi 102 gym is open I'll go there. .Go to karate once a week on soi 94 also. . never tried atletica... tried sport villa one. . heard they maybe renovating the gym
VeniceBeach

Post by VeniceBeach »

PBbeacher wrote:time constraints leave me training at home mostly but if I can I go to soi 94.. as soon as soi 102 gym is open I'll go there. .Go to karate once a week on soi 94 also. . never tried atletica... tried sport villa one. . heard they maybe renovating the gym

How big is the Gym in soi 102. Is there a Website or something?
cheapercharlie
Warning
Warning

Post by cheapercharlie »

Please read the post titled "Ignorance on Soi 102" and support the new guy opening the gym there.
VeniceBeach

Post by VeniceBeach »

In the Thread "Ignorance on Soi 102" is just a childish catfight about a guy smoking outside of a gym. I would like to know how the gym looks like and not who is smoking or not smoking outside of the gym!
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

VeniceBeach wrote:I would like to know how the gym looks like
Personally I wouldn't rely on someone' else's description but would go and look myself. How far is soi 102 for you? I think the attraction of the gym is the owner himself. Some gyms don't meet and greet and provide little support once they have your money. I think you will find this owner a lot more involved and supportive, for those who need it.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Where are good free weight gyms

Post by Gregjam »

I realise this subject has been covered in the past and I have done a search with limited results. My son is coming over in October and he will want to find a free weight type gym rather than treadmill/Xtrainer type machinery. He will be staying with us just off the klong road not far from the golf range and the southern end so somewhere north of the town centre rather than south is better. Air con is preferable as despite his macho intentions, speaking Thai and being half Thai he is more than well adjusted to living in the UK.

There was mention of a gym in an earlier post somewhere off the Klong road but the directions mentioned 7-11's and the way they sprout up directions more than a few months old are misleading.

All suggestions welcome
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24058

Does this help Greg?
GN.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Thanks GN, the one off the klong road would be easier to get to traffic wise but suspect soi 102 might suit him. I will pass on the info to him and he can make his own mind up. At present he goes to a 24 hr gym and usually in the middle of the night but perhaps his body clock will adjust to normal times when in Hua Hin.
Deuce
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Deuce »

I am not much of a gym but I try to go a few days a week... I am a member of the gym on soi 102... it is a great place and a different kind of work out.. more cross-fit but still enough weights for most thick dudes. If you are looking for a cross fit partner 3-4 days a week starting now drop me a line.. I will be available for workouts from 8:00 - 8:45.... this cross fit you will not ever need more than that much time...

The owner Dean is a good guy and has just taken over the building next door that was causing all the bullshit problems.. it was a pizza restaurant that I have never seen a pizza made with exception of the one I had ... Dean has just put a load of money into new equipment and floors and it is looking good...

I was a member over at 88 and I did like it but I needed a change from the standard gym..there is for sure more equipment at 88 but no one there to motivate or help push you like at 102.

let me know if you are up for a few days a week of cross fit in the morning and I will work out with you.. I think the monthly fee is 1600???

ring me at 0871428937
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

I prefer to train in a group class. The present class I take is titled "Full Body". It consists of a circuit of 10 separate exercises focusing on different parts of the body. Each exercise is 1 minute on the clock, class is 3 circuits plus 10 minutes of abs and stretching at the end. 30 secs rest between circuits. Do any of the gyms in HH offer similar group training?
Deuce
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Deuce »

I think 102 is the only gym that would come close to meeting your requirements. Also hua hin is not the youngest bunch!! so having a beach body is not only impossible for most here but way way down on their "bucket list"

Also, Dean will work with you to make a special routine if you need... ring me if you want to try it our in the morning this week...