Samba Restaurant @Venezia Mall

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Re: Samba Restaurant @Venezia Mall

Post by Chromeman »

Frank La Rue wrote:large and varied buffet is certainly an integral part of a Brazilian BBQ - I have been wondering how they would work up a Brazilean style one, sounds like they don't
Yes, it was definitely not like the giant buffet at Porcão in Rio!
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

Chromeman wrote:
Frank La Rue wrote:large and varied buffet is certainly an integral part of a Brazilian BBQ - I have been wondering how they would work up a Brazilean style one, sounds like they don't
Yes, it was definitely not like the giant buffet at Porcão in Rio!
I never did try Porcao, I sometimes go to Rio in my work and company puts me up in Windsor Atlantico hotel, can walk to Marius BBQ just up the road at Avenida Atlantico, the buffet there is a delight both to the eye and the palate, the problem actually is to limit the various delicious buffet items on my plate so there is space for the meat, both on the plate and in my stomac :cheers:
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Post by Chromeman »

The trick is using more than 1 plate... ;-)
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Post by Chromeman »

I did go 2 times to Rio back in 2009 for my company since we were owned by the Brazilian Vale group back then (They were named CVRD or Companhia Vale do Rio Doce back then).

They put us up in an apartment hotel a couple of blocks from Copacabana. Had 3 weeks there in May and did celebrate May 17th there (pictures here). The celebrations were actually at Porcão!

Then spent 2 weeks in June. Plan was to be there longer, but the project were put on ice due to the outbreak of swine flu since 1 Brazilian involved did get the swine flu.