Jack Russell Terriers

A place to discuss all things pets, vets and animal care.
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Jack Russell Terriers

Post by Jaime »

Does anyone know if these dogs can be obtained in Thailand - especially in the Bangkok-Hua Hin area?

I don't mean the Parson Russell KC breed but the JRT working type or other small, predominantly white and smooth haired terrier.

The dog will be a pet and ratter for my niece and will live with a couple of the usual Thai dingo types that every up country house seems to have.

Thanks,

Jaime
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Jack Russell Terriers

Post by sateeb »

I have seen them here in Hua Hin. Wouldnt know where to buy one though. I suggest you start Googling JRT's in Thailand,Hua Hin
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
JD
Legend
Legend

Post by JD »

They are very hard to find in Thailand. I was on the look out for the same type as you are for over 4 years. I was lucky to find one earlier this year. A man was heading back to Europe and didn't want to put the dog through the transport and quarantine again. He brought the puppy with him from Europe two years ago, it had it's own passport and full set of jabs etc. Where he was heading back to, had no facilities to allow the dog any freedom to roam so he thought it unfair to put the dog through it all again.

I offered to adopt her and showed her the grounds and land I have and, of course, the life of a 'butchers dog'. Anyway we have had her a good 6 months now and she is brilliant, great with the boy and no more cats digging and pooping in the garden, in fact she chases anything that moves in the garden, even dispatching a couple of snakes along the way.
JDsJR.jpg
I am on the lookout for a companion for her, so if I hear of any I will let you know. Beware of Jack Russell's from Bangkok. In my search I have found 3 breaders/dealers in Bangkok who seem to have been breeding from the same two lines for the past 4 years that I have known and charge about 9,000 - 15,000 depending on the markings. Not the healthiest of puppies.

I have met a few other owners (online) and two around town. Who knows, one day we could even have our own set of puppies, they all seem interested in my bitch because she comes from a new breeding line.
Per Angusta In Augusta.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/huahinhamandbacon
www.hamandbacon.co.th
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

They have a couple of them at Peppers restaurant out on the way to Black Mountain golf course but I don't know where they got them from.
When it comes to ratting, I've got two Thai mutts from the same litter and one is absolutely lethal to rats and the other one shows no interest in them whatsoever.
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

Mods please delete my post above - picture link now resized.
JD wrote:Beware of Jack Russell's from Bangkok. In my search I have found 3 breaders/dealers in Bangkok who seem to have been breeding from the same two lines for the past 4 years that I have known and charge about 9,000 - 15,000 depending on the markings. Not the healthiest of puppies.

Thanks JD, that's definitely worth knowing and glad I asked on here as my wife was planning to try & get one in Bangkok when she comes over in November. Really don't want to be giving an in-bred JRT as a pet - they can be challenging enough as they are!

Your bitch looks fantastic btw; lovely markings and I'm not surprised about the snakes as I've seen quite a few You Tube videos of JRTs despatching snakes that slithered into the wrong garden! This is our dog and he is a handful - no other forms of life get to linger in our garden!

Rose66
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Rose66 »

Hello,
we bought our Jack Russel 7 1/2 years ago at the night market opposite Sao Paulo hospital.
His name is "Jack'' and he is wonderful Buddy to us.We are looking always for a female for him for Puppies,but it is a problem to find someone.
Attachments
100_2823  3.jpg
100_2823 3.jpg (131.2 KiB) Viewed 1328 times
100_2872.JPG
100_2872.JPG (242.92 KiB) Viewed 1328 times
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

Ha - cute. You can't see it in the photo but our dog has some colour ticking like that but in tan.

I'm assuming that they deal with the heat just like any other dog over there?
JD
Legend
Legend

Post by JD »

Jaime wrote:I'm assuming that they deal with the heat just like any other dog over there?
For sure, mine is quite happy to lay out on the patio, in full sun for hours at a time. "Mad dogs and Englishmen..."
Per Angusta In Augusta.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/huahinhamandbacon
www.hamandbacon.co.th