Hua Hin Restaurant News

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Restaurant News

Post by hhfarang »

Is Happy Pig what the name implies. Do they mainly do pork?
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

hhfarang wrote:Is Happy Pig what the name implies. Do they mainly do pork?
If they do, I can't imagine the pigs being very happy about it.... :duck:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

It might refer to the customers! :D
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Guys, please can we get back to NEWS? If you need to discuss pigs or whippets, then why not open a discussion thread?

This thread is for news. I'm trying not to move/delete posts, so :offtopic: please.

[Edit] Whippet discussion moved to thread where the bar/restaurant was discussed several weeks ago :banghead:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Even though I break the rules myself and go off on a tangent sometimes, I started this thread for simple news like new openings (and reopenings) of restaurants, closures (both permanent and temporary), changes in ownership/name, relocation, etc.

Reviews of meals, pricing or menus I assume should be in a thread unique to a venue.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Cafe 99, just off Soi 102, was closed today and last Sunday in mid afternoon. Did they change hours, days open or what?
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Homer wrote:Cafe 99, just off Soi 102, was closed today and last Sunday in mid afternoon. Did they change hours, days open or what?
Is it still run by Andy the man from York?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
jamborab
Amateur
Amateur

Post by jamborab »

richard wrote:
Homer wrote:Cafe 99, just off Soi 102, was closed today and last Sunday in mid afternoon. Did they change hours, days open or what?
Is it still run by Andy the man from York?
I heard he went back to England for a while. Think the food has went downhill as he done all the cooking
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

^ Andy is long gone

Mollee (not sure how she spells that) is still there and is now taking on full ownership. She has been doing some remodeling the past couple of weeks and when I spoke to her she was planning on reopening on Sept 22nd. Pretty much the same menu with some Thai dishes added. I believe the hours of 10:30 a.m. till early evening will be in place. Closed on Mondays.

The name of the restaurant will be the same as hers.

I don't have a dog here in the fight at all. She is a friend and I wish her well.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

^ I had a phone call update from Mollee today. She is going to reopen Monday Sept 22 with a buffet. About 6'ish. I didn't have much time to visit and did not ask any particulars.

I'll say no more. Up to her now!
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Post by theprice01 »

A new Restaurant with Bar should be open by this saturday, corner on Soi 78, opposite Sirada school on Petkasem road. It hasn't got a name at the moment.
European & Thai food, possible pizzas to follow.

Its been closed down ever since i came (april 2014), does anyone know what restaurant it used to be?!?
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

theprice01 wrote:A new Restaurant with Bar should be open by this saturday, corner on Soi 78, opposite Sirada school on Petkasem road. It hasn't got a name at the moment.
European & Thai food, possible pizzas to follow.

Its been closed down ever since i came (april 2014), does anyone know what restaurant it used to be?!?

Probably Victoria.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

The Asian bookshop in MV next to McD's closed a week or so ago. A hoarding went up around it today with a sign that says it is to open as SAMBAS a Brazilian Steakhouse.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

The former Smile Restaurant on Soi 94 has just reopened as Krua La Poon Phuket 2. I had a brief look at the menu and saw Thai food but I can't remember if there was any European food.

HHF : It opens at 11.00 am.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I drove by Yellow House today and it is back open.