European Tour returns to Thailand

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

Re: Hua Hin Golf Gossip

Post by heartofmidlothian »

I have heard that a European Tour event is coming to Black Mountain in February. Not sure if the Kings Cup event is going to happen at Black Mountain in November or not. Still on the Asian Tour schedule but their aim was always to have a European Tour event. Should be good for the Hua Hin area and bring some of the best golfers here.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

European Tour returns to Thailand in '15

"LONDON – The European Tour returns to Thailand for the first time since 2007 next year with the Thailand Classic in Hua Hin......."

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/ ... tournament
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Unless I missed it, the article dosn't mention which course. It's Black Mountain:
http://golfweek.com/news/2014/oct/20/eu ... urnaments/
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

European Tour returns to Thailand

Post by hhfarang »

Not sure where this should go but I chose here rather than news or sports because it is an event in Hua Hin (much like HH city FC!).

"LONDON – The European Tour returns to Thailand for the first time since 2007 next year with the Thailand Classic in Hua Hin.

The golf tour announced the early part of its 2014-15 schedule Monday, which also will include the Indian Open for the first time.

The inaugural Thailand Classic will be held at Black Mountain Golf Club in Hua Hin on Feb 12-15. The last European Tour event in Thailand was the 2007 Johnnie Walker Classic in Phuket.

The Indian Open will also make its debut the week after the Thailand Classic, with the tour co-sanctioning both new events alongside the Asian Tour.

The European Tour has only announced the opening sector of the 2014-15 schedule. The remainder is likely to be disclosed at the season-ending DP World Tour Championship in Dubai next month."

My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Prior to that event Black Mountain will be hosting the Asian Tour King's Cup on Nov 27-Nov 30th
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: European Tour returns to Thailand

Post by Dannie Boy »

hhfarang wrote:Not sure where this should go but I chose here rather than news or sports because it is an event in Hua Hin (much like HH city FC!).

"LONDON – The European Tour returns to Thailand for the first time since 2007 next year with the Thailand Classic in Hua Hin.

The golf tour announced the early part of its 2014-15 schedule Monday, which also will include the Indian Open for the first time.

The inaugural Thailand Classic will be held at Black Mountain Golf Club in Hua Hin on Feb 12-15. The last European Tour event in Thailand was the 2007 Johnnie Walker Classic in Phuket.

The Indian Open will also make its debut the week after the Thailand Classic, with the tour co-sanctioning both new events alongside the Asian Tour.h

The European Tour has only announced the opening sector of the 2014-15 schedule. The remainder is likely to be disclosed at the season-ending DP World Tour Championship in Dubai next month."

Not sure it's your memory that's not as sharp as it used to be HHFR, it's your eyesight - Pete posted the same article two posts above!! :cheers:
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

Post by heartofmidlothian »

The Kings Cup tournament is not at Black Mountain in November. I believe it is going to be in Khon Kaen at Singha Park.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote:Not sure it's your memory that's not as sharp as it used to be HHFR, it's your eyesight - Pete posted the same article two posts above!! :cheers:
This thread has been subject to splits and merges, therefore seeming duplicated posts could originally have appeared on different threads.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

sateeb wrote:Prior to that event Black Mountain will be hosting the Asian Tour King's Cup on Nov 27-Nov 30th
I do not think this is correct Sateeb - where did you get the info?
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Errrm...From the official Asian Tour website.

http://www.asiantour.com/tournaments/

Nov 27 - Nov 30 King’s Cup
Black Mountain Golf Club, Hua Hin Thailand US$1,000,000

Edited..........However in the light of BB's post it would appear that the Asian Tour website has not been updated :cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Dannie Boy wrote:
hhfarang wrote:Not sure where this should go but I chose here rather than news or sports because it is an event in Hua Hin (much like HH city FC!).

The Indian Open will also make its debut the week after the Thailand Classic, with the tour co-sanctioning both new events alongside the Asian Tour.h

Not sure it's your memory that's not as sharp as it used to be HHFR, it's your eyesight - Pete posted the same article two posts above!! :cheers:
Sorry, I don't read threads I'm not interested in anymore but I thought this would be worthwhile news for you golfers. Having looked at thread titles only (in Golf, News, and Sports) first, I didn't realize it had been posted as it was posted under "Golf Gossip" and not in a thread of its own.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Mrock

Post by Mrock »

The Kings Cup is NOT being held at Black Mountain.
I'm a member there and know this first hand.

Very excited about the EPGA Event!!! :D