Swedes killed in Hua Hin

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
Farang
Ace
Ace

Swedes killed in Hua Hin

Post by Farang »

According to a Swedish newspaper "Aftonbladet" a 70-year old Hua Hin resident Swede was robbed and killed in Hua Hin 3-4 nights ago in the vicinity of Soi Bintabat. Any more information of this?
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article19969689.ab

There's an unconfirmed rumor of another Swede having been killed last night somewhere on soi 88. Does anyone have any more info on this?
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Swedes killed in Hua Hin?

Post by Khundon1975 »

Could someone please translate the Aftonbladet article.
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Thai police are investigating a suspected murder of a Swedish man in their 70s.
He was found dead in the resort of Hua Hin.
A few hours earlier, he was written according to witnesses out of a hospital - and was left at a restaurant.

Swedish Foreign Ministry says that a man in their 70s from southern Sweden found dead in Hua Hin, Thailand earlier this week.
- There is an ongoing police investigation into the circumstances surrounding the death and the Embassy follows the subject, says Veronica Nordlund at the Foreign Ministry's press office on Thursday evening.

Was taken by ambulance
According to people in the man's proximity, he owned a house in the tourist resort of Hua Hin. On Monday night, he will have fallen down outside a restaurant - and been taken to hospital.

He fell backwards, and an ambulance was called to pick him up, says the friend, Jan Karlsson, 50, who is on location in Hua Hin.
But a few hours later, the man should have been back at the restaurant.

They wrote him out of the hospital and he sat in the same place. Then it was way too dark in there and there was no one on the spot. Several hours later, they found him lifeless, says Jan Karlsson.
He states that the man then lacked a jewel and his wallet.

"Very unpleasant"
On Tuesday morning the man should have been pronounced dead in hospital.
In Hua Hin live several Swedes and the group should have taken the incident very hard. The man is described as a well-known figure in the area that was well-behaved and kind.

It's very unpleasant. We all believe that he has been generated about life, says Jan Karlsson.
He says that he met the man earlier in the evening before he was found dead.
Then everything was fine with him. He talked about that he looked forward to meeting his wife would come from Sweden a few weeks.
Ud state that relatives in Sweden is advised.

From Google translate
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

Thanks buksida

Could a delayed reaction to the initial fall be the cause of death I wonder? And maybe an opportunistic thief came across the body and stole the items mentioned.
Who knows, we will have to wait on the autopsy and police investigation.

A sad loss to his family and the Hua Hin community. R.I.P.
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

I heard it happened last week at Binta. He had some gold jewellery and was killed by a [Mod Edit] This is pure speculation, and can not be permitted here. He is well known but could run away.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Re: Swedes killed in Hua Hin

Post by europtimiste »

[Mod Edit: The rules and regulations of using this forum, which you agreed to abide by when you joined are quite clear. If you wish to question a Mod's action, out of respect for the thread content and other members, your query must be by PM.]
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

I remember when my quaint little town in England (Fleet) installed CCTV cameras anywhere that mattered. Not a crime zone by any means... just a precaution. I've no idea why places like the center of Hua Hin and sois around it aren't fully equipped with CCTV. There's enough money floating around in Thailand that it really is a no-brainer to install a system that will help ensure the wellbeing of people enjoying themselves on a night out. Especially in hot spots.

Very sad for the man involved and his family. Unfortunately, with no CCTV I doubt the mugs involved in his death will be tracked and caught.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

CCTV debate moved here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=28824
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

Further news, still not yet confirmed, but more than probable ones: Only one Swede was killed. An elderly man was found collapsed in the proximity of soi 80 towards the evening. He was taken to hospital where he perished next morning.

Obviously no foul play in the matter at all.
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
mrco

Post by mrco »

What I have Heard from Swedes living in Hua Hn he was robbed and killed in Poonsuk Plaza on Poonsuk Road.

// mrco
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

PURE SPECULATION. My post was deleted by the censorship, why not this one.

Image [Mod comment: your post mentioned a person, the above post mentioned a location. Without a police report and hard evidence you cannot accuse people of murder on a public forum.]
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Image [Mod edit: If you wish to continue this discussion, you have had the mechanism explained. A mechanism you have agreed to use. Any further questioning of our actions will be deleted.]