Cancer treatment in Thailand

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Cancer treatment in Thailand

Post by migrant »

Over the past few months a number of my friends, and clients, have come down with some type of cancer, primarily prostate. Combined with a history of cancer in my family made me wonder if anyone has experience with treatment in Thailand.

Also curious if the medical insurances covered it

Thanks
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Cancer treatment

Post by dtaai-maai »

From personal experience of lymphoma I can say that there is nothing wrong with cancer treatment here, although it took a while to get diagnosed. My treatment was based at Ratchaburi and Siriraj hospitals.

As for insurance, that obviously depends on your policy, which is presumably based on your medical history.
This is the way
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Cancer treatment in Thailand

Post by migrant »

Thanks DM! nothing personally but was wondering since I have seen a lot of incidences lately and with our move coming this year, thought I would see :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
BOZ
Professional
Professional

Post by BOZ »

The 3 insurance companies I looked at all offered full cancer coverage... All are Expat companies recommend by Matt at AA insurance.....
Boz

Life is short, live it to the fullest!!!
Chazz14
Professional
Professional

Post by Chazz14 »

Matt at Insure In Hua Hin recently sent me a spreadsheet comparing 11 healthcare policies - of these 10 provided full cancer cover. (BTW I am 58).

Refer to the link at top right of the screen...
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Thanks Guys!
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

My understanding is most early stage cancer treatment is outpatient. So, if one has inpatient only coverage, is proclaiming 'full cancer coverage' misleading?
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Absolutely, most chemotherapy treatments are on an out-patient basis.
If it's a typical policy, presumably the term "full cancer coverage" is expanded on in a couple of pages of small print.
This is the way
Gail

Post by Gail »

Went to the open air food court on Soi 88 last night and noticed in the block of shops near there is a Clinic that specializes in Prostate health and other Men's stuff, just for your information :-)
carengreen
Novice
Novice

Post by carengreen »

Yes indeed, when you have one of this insurance both BUPA Health Insurance and IAG Insurance in Thailand well cover you in any medical situation.