visa run

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
midnightsun
Novice
Novice

visa run

Post by midnightsun »

i am needing to exit thailand to get my visa stamp. any recommendations of a service in hua hin? how much? will i need to go to ranong? or is there somewhere closer.
fremdulo
Amateur
Amateur

Post by fremdulo »

check out:

RANONG VISA: "FRIENDLY CAR SERVICE" , Your $10 paid + return Boat trip Includes: Immigration to Pier Boat to Myanmar And Return pier to immigration & home Phone: Ae 07-166 9489 (Thai & English) Keith 01-008 2130 (English) (Aug)

I have found this all in service, door to door, no extras at 2000baht, first class.

You can do it a bit cheaper yourself, not much though, but with a lot more effort and time.

PS I am not connected in any way with them
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Hi
I've done it quite a few times and by different means. The 2000 baht service mentioned is good and its convenient. I've done the trip a few times on my honda wave as well and for me, thats the best way of all. You can stop when you want, etc, etc. The last time I went I caught the bus down from Hua-Hin. Costs were as follows:-
Bus fare - 230- baht each way
Taxi from the bus depot in Ranong to immigration to peir - 60 baht each way.
Boat to Myanmar - 50 baht each way.
The bus left HH at about 11pm and got to Ranong at about 4.30am so I had a bit of a wait until immigration opened. Although the sign on the door says they open at 8.30am, they will see to you earlier - I got stamped out at about 7.30

Not a bad way to do the trip as there was loads of space on the bus so I was able to lie down and sleep.
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

Takiap,
I have done the Ranong trip too many times, in many different ways, but I have never had the boat trip for 50 baht each way unless there were other people with me - as far as I am aware it is 300 baht for the boat divided by as many people that are there. If you have your own transport though, the best option is the 'Andaman Club' rather than the long tail boats. It's a bit nearer than Ranong (just) and a much more comfortable and easy trip. Just Google Andaman Club for more info.