The best place to buy handmade paper?

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Sciamachy

The best place to buy handmade paper?

Post by Sciamachy »

I am looking for some nice textured handmade paper. I was told there is a place in Pranburi that makes it. Are there any shops that sell such paper in Hua Hin?
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »

You are probably referring to paper called 'Sa'
You can buy this at the stationary store next to the small Tesco garage.
Sciamachy

Post by Sciamachy »

great. Can you tell me where the small Tesco garage is?
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

It is about 150 Meters north of the Chomsin, Petchakasem Road on the sea side of the Road. It is directly opposite the Polyclinic. It has a large Tesco and Esso sign outside. About 20 Meters further North on the same side is a stationary shop which has a fairly good selection of papers.

I don't know if any are hand made papers though. Other stationers are in the market road (Sra Song) Chomsin junction area. One is just East of the junction in Chomsin Road and the other is just South of the junction in Sra Song.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
Edd Case

Post by Edd Case »

'bout 3 yrs ago bought "hand made pineapple paper - made from pineapple waste" at the Dole factory shop, up the Pala U road.
"The older I get ....the better I remember I was."
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »

Guess wrote:I don't know if any are hand made papers though.
:cuss: Mr Guess! You calling me a liar? I tell you its there! Sa hand-made paper. I saw it with my own eyes. Please believe me. It's there I tell you it's there! :wink:
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

Jockey,

I believe you about the paper, honest I do!!! :thumb:
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

The handicraft pineapple paper factory is about 5 or 6 km south of Pranburi on the main road and another 3 or 4 km off the highway. There is a big sign on the highway. The paper is lovely for special items like menus. letter to immigration or land office (just joking) or wrapping paper. A very well connected lady runs the place and has other things like hand made soap, pinappple paper boxes, pictures, paper toys etc. There is 3 or 4 employees.They cook up the pineapple residue press it into trays and dry in sheets. Worth a visit if you are into that type of thing.