Dates when no alcohol sold in Hua Hin

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
seveneleven
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Dates when no alcohol sold in Hua Hin

Post by seveneleven »

Any known alcohol bans for periods of Feb 1-4 and Feb 15-18?
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: No alcohol tonight

Post by Pagey »

'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
U.Kvarme
Amateur
Amateur

Post by U.Kvarme »

There are some small bars / pub that sneaky sell alcohols beverage at the non-alcohol day. Most of those non-alcohol days are related to bhuddism days. If the next question is why? Because being bhuddist should be strict in 5 forbidden precepts and drinking alcohol is one of them.

The sneaky-sold drinks usually come in plastic cups. If you dont mind, its taste will be the same.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

U.Kvarme wrote:There are some small bars / pub that sneaky sell alcohols beverage at the non-alcohol day. Most of those non-alcohol days are related to bhuddism days. If the next question is why? Because being bhuddist should be strict in 5 forbidden precepts and drinking alcohol is one of them.

The sneaky-sold drinks usually come in plastic cups. If you dont mind, its taste will be the same.
The majority of 'non-alcohol days' are not Buddhist related but are for other reasons - political, historical personages, tradition etc.

Thailand has no state religion (although the majority are Buddhist) and the constitution guarantees freedom of religion to all Thai citizens.
U.Kvarme
Amateur
Amateur

Post by U.Kvarme »

HHTel wrote:

The majority of 'non-alcohol days' are not Buddhist related but are for other reasons - political, historical personages, tradition etc.

Thailand has no state religion (although the majority are Buddhist) and the constitution guarantees freedom of religion to all Thai citizens.
Actually it was written by the law that these following days are not allowed to sell alcohol;
1. Makha Bucha Day (Full moon 3rd Thai lunar month)
2. Visakha Bucha Day (Full moon 6th Thai lunar month)
3. Asarnha Bucha Day (Full moon 8th Thai lunar month)
4. Bhuddist Lent Day
5. End of Bhuddist Lent Day
6. H.M. The King's Birthday
7. H.M. The Queen's Birthday
8. The election date subject to annoucement
So from 1-5 are related to Bhuddist day.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I agree with your list except for 6 and 7 when there is no alcohol ban though some districts voluntarily restrict alcohol.
Geko
Professional
Professional

Police to be stringent against crimes during Makha Bucha

Post by Geko »

BANGKOK, 19 February 2016 (NNT) – The Royal Thai Police have tightened measures against illegal activity during the coming Makha Bucha Day while indicating there have been no signs of a demonstration by Buddhist clergy.

Deputy Spokesperson for the National Police Office, Pol Maj Gen Songpol Wattanachai, has ordered officers to stringently monitor against the sale of alcohol this Makha Bucha Day and let on police will be visiting entertainment venues, transport hubs and gas stations to actively inspect retailers. Checkpoints will be set up from midnight on February 21 to midnight of February 22 to check drivers for alcohol consumption and those found to be driving under the influence will face up to 6 months in prison and a fine of up to 10,000 baht or both.

On rumors that members of the Buddhist clergy will hold a demonstration on the religious holiday, fellow Deputy Spokesperson for the National Police Office, Pol Col Krissana Pattanacharoen affirmed that intelligence has not indicated any action is being planned. He added that police have received complaints against monks previously gathered in support of the Sangha Association’s choice for the new Supreme Patriarch and are considering if the action was in violation of demonstration laws.

http://thainews.prd.go.th/website_en/ne ... 10034/2/40
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Police to be stringent against crimes during Makha Bucha

Post by HHTel »

Geko wrote:
Deputy Spokesperson for the National Police Office, Pol Maj Gen Songpol Wattanachai, has ordered officers to stringently monitor against the sale of alcohol this Makha Bucha Day and let on police will be visiting entertainment venues, transport hubs and gas stations to actively inspect retailers. Checkpoints will be set up from midnight on February 21 to midnight of February 22 to check drivers for alcohol consumption and those found to be driving under the influence will face up to 6 months in prison and a fine of up to 10,000 baht or both.

http://thainews.prd.go.th/website_en/ne ... 10034/2/40
That is of course between RTP drinking sessions outside 7/11's and 'Mom and Pop' shops. Every 'non-alcoholic' day we can see the police drinking freely (and I mean FREE). It's a joke!
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

any holidays coming up March 7-21?
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Geko
Professional
Professional

Post by Geko »

JamesWest wrote:any holidays coming up March 7-21?
'No' according to the website are ready posted.

http://www.boomboomme.com/resources/holidays/thailand
wayfitz69
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wayfitz69 »

Hi....any restrictions on alcohol sales in June around 20th to 29th?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Check the link in the post immediately before yours.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Felipesed1
Professional
Professional

Alcohol Sales on 6/7 Aug 16

Post by Felipesed1 »

I am informed that bars will be shut on 6th & 7th August.
Not totally sure, so if anyone has more information it would be appreciated.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: Thai Waii in Pak Nam Pran

Post by Pagey »

No liquor sales or ‘partying’ Aug. 6-7 is the headline on Hua Hin Expat News. Probably can't post a link here as I usually get my wrist slapped when I do. :oops:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Alcohol Sales on 6/7 Aug 16

Post by migrant »

Isn't the 7th the scheduled day for the new referendum?
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.