Vana Nava Hua Hin City FC 2016

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Big Boy

Re: Vana Nava Hua Hin City FC 2016

Post by Big Boy »

Well, the club have made a statement to confirm that we are home to Nonthaburi on Sunday. However, abiguity still reins in the translation. They quote the original programme, which this most certainly is not, and then the cherry on the top, they say, "If nothing changes."
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Sabai Sabai
Professional
Professional

Post by Sabai Sabai »

I had forgotten there had even been a friendly announced for tomorrow.

I decided to send a politely worded message in Thai to the club, asking for advice/confirmation on whether or not the friendly is still going ahead tomorrow and where Sunday's game is being played. I explained there were several people unsure.

I don't know if it's just a coincidence that they just updated their Facebook announcing we play Nonthaburi on Sunday or not..... They've not replied to my message.

Edit..... You beat me to the bit about the translation BB.... Yes, very strangely worded!
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

If there is as much passion and heated debate on the terraces I might come along. Where and when Are the next few matches? Oops wrong question I guess :D
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Sabai Sabai
Professional
Professional

Post by Sabai Sabai »

And also..... They weren't exactly clear on the venue. They didn't specifically say it's being played at Takiab. I guess it's been worded Hua Hin vs Nonthaburi as opposed to the other way round..... But thought they may have been clearer than that and actually named the venue!
Sabai Sabai
Professional
Professional

Post by Sabai Sabai »

Since Hua Hin didn't reply to my message, I sent one to Nonthaburi asking where the game will be played.....

Their reply was that they are getting fed-up waiting on an official response to their request to reverse the fixtures, i.e play at Hua Hin first.

So, it seems it's Nonthaburi who wanted to change it. Hua Hin have told the fans at the game about it last night and the manager gave a post-match interview saying we're at home.......

It seems they've not got back to Nonthaburi about it though!
Sabai Sabai
Professional
Professional

Post by Sabai Sabai »

Oh well, it looks like there won't be a game on Sunday after all! (tbc)

It sounds like a lot of the teams have been awaiting the result of today's Thai FA presedential vote.

Now with the desired result, there will be meetings staged with the new president/chairman of the association to discuss fundamental changes to the league set up. There appears to be a lot of support for increasing the number of regional zones. Probably to 8, but possibly as many as 12.

Any results from any of the league matches played last weekend will be scrubbed but the league cup results will likely stand.

They're (the rebel clubs) are proposing starting 27th Feb. same as the TPL.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OMG, thanks sabai sabai. So maybe its not the Hua Hin City Admin, it might be the greater (if great is the right word), Thai FA to blame. However, what I don't understand is why Hua Hin City are sitting on the sidelines saying nothing. A short statement advising all is not well similar to what you have done would have sufficed, with a 'we'll update you as soon as we know more'.

Points 51; Position 21
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The club have made the following (automatically translated) announcement:
Announcement from The Organising Committee

No competition on February 14

News from club nirvana ships, hua hin city...!!

Confirm "Scroll competition"
In February 14th 59
Get out.
If you have determined the competition and will inform you once again.

Can't wait for each other a little more fans.
So I'm assuming this week's match is cancelled IAW sabai sabai's earlier suggestion.

Points 51; Position 21
Sabai Sabai
Professional
Professional

Post by Sabai Sabai »

Yeah, that's the match definitely cancelled now this weekend..... I feel sorry for all the poor guys that are going to have to think of a different Valentine's day treat for their partner now! :wink:
Big Boy wrote:what I don't understand is why Hua Hin City are sitting on the sidelines saying nothing. A short statement advising all is not well similar to what you have done would have sufficed, with a 'we'll update you as soon as we know more'.
With what I've read now, I'm starting to understand. There's been a lot going on behind the scenes. Even thinking back to last weekend, I think it was something like 25 out of 36 scheduled fixtures across the regional leagues(not counting the south which starts later anyway) were postponed. Obviously in our region Muangkan were mentioned, in other regions other teams in a similar position were mentioned but some of the teams we're even saying we don't normally start until the 2nd weekend in February, we're not ready!

There was a chairman of one of the central Bangkok teams made a statement yesterday(after the results of the presidential vote), he was still having to choose his words carefully but indicating that a lot of the teams across the regional leagues had lost all confidence in the previous regime. I think there has been some kind of agreement between the new president and a lot of the teams..... i.e vote for me and we will do this. I think the clubs have had to be careful what they say in case the vote went the wrong way.

I would be very surprised if the league restructuring doesn't take place now, to at least 8 different zones. It sounds like aforementioned chairman has the support of over 50 clubs.

Personally, I'm not sure it's a great idea. One of the apparent 'positives' is that it will be a quicker season. Well, possibly good for the chairmen of the clubs but maybe not so much the players..... I seen one current player have his say and point out that players don't get paid a lot to start with and they only get paid whilst there's matches on, cutting the length of the season will decimate their wages and in his opinion force many players out of the game altogether and into different careers.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

But when did the hi-so leaders worry about the pawns? I'm amazed Hua hin have managed to put a side together at all paying Thai minimum wage and supported by unpaid academy members - these guys could be earning as much sitting in a 7-11. So a BIG well done for that.

I've never seen anything like this farce. OK, maybe it is showing Hua Hin City Admin in a slightly better light. However, making such drastic changes AFTER the season has started for many is outrageous.

As for Mrs BB - she'll have to wait for her Valentine's treat :wink:

TIT - shit happens :cry:

Points 51; Position 21
Sabai Sabai
Professional
Professional

Post by Sabai Sabai »

Yeah, the good thing about Hua Hin this season is the players that are here are here because they want to play football, and they want to play for Hua Hin, playing for the jersey so to speak.
Big Boy wrote:these guys could be earning as much sitting in a 7-11.
With the shortening of the season they may have to start doing just that! At least in close season I guess.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

The sponsors cant be happy either with a short season, I would think,If they pay this season

:cheers: :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hopefully, there were a lot of teams who supposedly weren't accepted into the league, and they will now be given entry to increase the base number of teams.

Points 51; Position 21
Sabai Sabai
Professional
Professional

Post by Sabai Sabai »

Have been keeping half an eye on news today, as I'd heard there was a meeting of the regional league clubs with the newly elected president of the Thai FA. There's still been no official announcement or press release from the league that I can see, however the chairman of Muangkan United has given an interview......

He confirms Muangkan are being allowed to play, and will join Hua Hin in our Central/West zone.

He claims there will now be 8 zones, but that it will only be an additional 2 Isan/Northern zones. (splitting the existing 2 north + south apparently) the remaining zones will remain the same. Each zone will have roughly 12 teams.

The most interesting part, was his claim that the league should start no later than 26th March. A bit later than was originally talked about (27th Feb, same as TPL) . So we may have a bit of a wait yet for league football to start by the sounds of it.

As I say though, all this is according to the chairman of Muangkan United..... He may be talking BS! :laugh:

I would hope there should be something official announced soon.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've received confirmation from the club that the league will not re-start until 26 Mar 16 - very disappointing, but not unexpected.

Points 51; Position 21