Best Bar's in Hua Hin

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
skandii
Amateur
Amateur

Post by skandii »

Burger wrote:
Still no nearer to answering the question, BE A MAN AND ANSWER, SAY IT, ANOTHER LIE, go on.
I answered it ages ago, I said it was a 'tongue-in-cheek slogan'. I never said it was the best bar, I said it was a popular, welcoming, freindly bar. I think you are confusing me with someone else.

The ironic thing is you have done quite a bit here to actually promote the place. Are you their PR officer ? :D

Burger
You have'nt actually anwered it, you are being evasive, it is another lie. I would not and have not mentioned the bar, the bar is one of 5 on that Soi, you would go in to shelter from the rain, then go next door.

Surely we want tourist's who research venue's here to get the truth. If they see a bar that states it is the best bar, they would expect a bar that has had a good amount of investment and planning, like Crawford's, not a wooden bar with a fridge of bottled beers and a clapped out Pool Table.

Lets help them, we want them to come back, I assume that is true for this site, constructive, honest information.
smile and smile till u cry
skandii
Amateur
Amateur

Re: best bar

Post by skandii »

skandii wrote:Lots of stuff written about bars, could we have some serious comments about the bars in Hua Hin.

1. Crawfords, air con and no harrasment, draught beers and great food.

2. JW's nicley done, again no harrasment.

3. Lucky Shot for great Pool Table's.

4. El Murphy's for some diff style food, draught beer and pleasant surrounding's, again no harrasment.

5. Butterfy Rock, air con draught beers and live music.

Not in order by the way, although Crawfords would have to be N01.

Still stand by this, name a better one than the 5 listed? More to a bar than a fridge with bottled drinks and a clapped out Pool Table.

We need to bring Hua Hin into the 21st century, nice clean bars with pleasant surrounding's, takes investment and planning.
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

This is still only YOUR opinion skandii, and that is fair enough.
But name and shame bars you personally don't like is quite a different matter.
Why do you do that?
I don't care what you like or not, but you have the right to express your opinions likewise everybody else on this board.
But why are you so angry and condescending about some of the other bars?
I am sure that this is actually a personal matter between you and the respective bar owners, than a good and solid advise from you to the rest of us.
Maybe you have been kicked out their bars because of bad attitude or drunkenness?

You don't need to bring Hua Hin into the 21st century alone!!
You will never be able to do it because nobody want to listen or work with you. How many times have you actually tried to persuade other farangs here into your own ideas of progress and prosperity, but failed?

Ask DrKnow if further treatment is required.
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

Skandii,

I must say that you have developed one helluva competence about HH bars, seeing as you've been
a HHAD member only since Dec. 12th. Must've been a very busy week?

Or do we, perhaps, smell you as sweetly by another Virgin name?

Also, the symptoms fit.
skandii
Amateur
Amateur

Post by skandii »

Norseman wrote:This is still only YOUR opinion skandii, and that is fair enough.
But name and shame bars you personally don't like is quite a different matter.
Why do you do that?
I don't care what you like or not, but you have the right to express your opinions likewise everybody else on this board.
But why are you so angry and condescending about some of the other bars?
I am sure that this is actually a personal matter between you and the respective bar owners, than a good and solid advise from you to the rest of us.
Maybe you have been kicked out their bars because of bad attitude or drunkenness?

You don't need to bring Hua Hin into the 21st century alone!!
You will never be able to do it because nobody want to listen or work with you. How many times have you actually tried to persuade other farangs here into your own ideas of progress and prosperity, but failed?

Ask DrKnow if further treatment is required.
Norseman

I have'nt actually named a bar, I certainly have questioned the integrity of a statement which was posted by a bar, as this statement is a complete untruth.
I have never been kicked out of a bar and I have never been drunk in a bar in Hua Hin, not sure what this has to do with my posting's.
Personally the 5 bars I have listed are excellent bars and doing a fine job, hopefully others will respond the rest will wait for an unsuspecting fool to buy it. :cheers:
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sargeant »

Read skandis posts he is after his 30 posts :cuss: :cuss:
A Greatfull Guest of Thailand
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

30 posts - sorry access denied!
www.35mmview.com
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

I could be wrong, Gents (I often am! :oops: ) but I don't think that is Skandii's raison d'etre. :idea:
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

DNFTT
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

My last feed:
skandii wrote:If they see a bar that states it is the best bar, they would expect a bar that has had a good amount of investment and planning, like Crawford's, not a wooden bar with a fridge of bottled beers and a clapped out Pool Table.
I think Crawfords is indeed great and Ken is a gentleman but surely there is a place for the 'outside' type of bar in Hua Hin. Sometimes I feel like I need air con, sometimes I don't. It is possible to enjoy both types of bar for what they are and great times can be had at all types of venue - it's all about the people.
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

Guess wrote:DNFTT
Well said Guess. :mrgreen: I think we should all stop "feeding time" at this particular zoo.
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
Burger
Ace
Ace

Post by Burger »

Well Said Guess and Dawn:

DNFTT

Burger
skandii
Amateur
Amateur

Post by skandii »

Jaime wrote:My last feed:
skandii wrote:If they see a bar that states it is the best bar, they would expect a bar that has had a good amount of investment and planning, like Crawford's, not a wooden bar with a fridge of bottled beers and a clapped out Pool Table.
I think Crawfords is indeed great and Ken is a gentleman but surely there is a place for the 'outside' type of bar in Hua Hin. Sometimes I feel like I need air con, sometimes I don't. It is possible to enjoy both types of bar for what they are and great times can be had at all types of venue - it's all about the people.

Yes I would agree, depends on your mood I guess, Johnny Wlakers, El Murphy's and Lucky Shot are 'outside' type, they have all and been refurbished and modernised to a very nice standard.
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sargeant »

Jeeez I have been here to long :D

In 9 years i heve never sat in a bar admiring its decor or plumbing if that is what you want good luck to you but please if thats all you can find in a bar start looking elswhere you will be surprised at what is out there either that or get a life :shock: :shock: :shock:

I know you may find this a bit odd but i liked the bars the way they were this operating British standard Abertoire cleanliness you can shove it for me :shock: :shock: :shock:

What happened to character of the bar what happened to mine hosts character which is why i go to bars 8) 8)

If i wanted the jensons from mars sort of bar i would go to mars OOOOps i am from mars :D :D :D :cheers: :thumb:
A Greatfull Guest of Thailand
Burger
Ace
Ace

Post by Burger »

Quite right Sarge, it's as daft as saying fish and chips wrapped in newspaper can't be one of your favourite meals, and instead you must eat nouvelle cuisine in a spotless, charachterless restaurant.

We'd all rather stand on the terraces again (with or without roof cover) rather than sit in an executive box, cos that's where the atmosphere is.

I do agree that JW's and Crawfords are great bars for me, but it's all about personal taste and currents moods.

Real people understand Sarge.

Burger