New outdoor food courts on 88 and 94

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: New outdoor food courts on 88 and 94

Post by hhfarang »

^A Hua Hin tradition, like replacing the landmark Satucarn square with a dead (Colonade) mall...
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

I had a drive around the back last week and on the far end (from Soi 94 entrance) is 2 relatively new buildings. One is a snooker hall which I haven't seen advertised at all, I had a look in, I think it had 5 tables. The other is a restaurant with a big green 'Hulk' model outside, which may represent the owner as he is massive! They have a very extensive menu with Thai and Western food and very reasonable prices and portions. From memory we had 4 dishes, a large Leo and a coke and it was around 900 Baht. We had some sort of Salmon salad which contained a lot of salmon, a large pork chop which came with fries and salad, Beef in oyster sauce and a portion of rice and a shellfish/cheese covered dish. It also has a balcony upstairs which would be a good place to watch any live entertainment at the market.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Pagey wrote:I had a drive around the back last week and on the far end (from Soi 94 entrance) is 2 relatively new buildings. One is a snooker hall which I haven't seen advertised at all, I had a look in, I think it had 5 tables. The other is a restaurant with a big green 'Hulk' model outside, which may represent the owner as he is massive! They have a very extensive menu with Thai and Western food and very reasonable prices and portions. From memory we had 4 dishes, a large Leo and a coke and it was around 900 Baht. We had some sort of Salmon salad which contained a lot of salmon, a large pork chop which came with fries and salad, Beef in oyster sauce and a portion of rice and a shellfish/cheese covered dish. It also has a balcony upstairs which would be a good place to watch any live entertainment at the market.
? head nor tail
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

Pagey wrote:I had a drive around the back last week and on the far end (from Soi 94 entrance) is 2 relatively new buildings. One is a snooker hall which I haven't seen advertised at all, I had a look in, I think it had 5 tables. The other is a restaurant with a big green 'Hulk' model outside, which may represent the owner as he is massive! They have a very extensive menu with Thai and Western food and very reasonable prices and portions. From memory we had 4 dishes, a large Leo and a coke and it was around 900 Baht. We had some sort of Salmon salad which contained a lot of salmon, a large pork chop which came with fries and salad, Beef in oyster sauce and a portion of rice and a shellfish/cheese covered dish. It also has a balcony upstairs which would be a good place to watch any live entertainment at the market.
thanks for the heads up on the salmon salad. i will stop in.

the location you are talking about is next to the somewhat new food court that is next the Japanese restaurant.
map.jpg
rest.jpg
rest.jpg (43.36 KiB) Viewed 3154 times
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
bert91157

Post by bert91157 »

Midsman : your post is confusing me as it was dated yesterday and you are saying the lady served the curry to you on soi 94 on 28 Feb - well she served me some 2/3 Sundays ago adjacent to Big C on Huay Mongkol Rd. So is she at both venues?
Has the curry woman moved again? I couldn't find her stall the other day.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

According to the Restaurant News thread, she now operates from her shop house alongside Hua Hin Wittayacomp School.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Big Boy wrote:According to the Restaurant News thread, she now operates from her shop house alongside Hua Hin Wittayacomp School.
Trouble is I do not know where this school is - wife looked blank too!
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: She's Back !!

Post by Pagey »

Pagey wrote:That's got your attention. The Chicken Tika Masala lady is back in Soi 88. I was down Soi 88 on Monday and noticed her banner has gone up over a shop house on Soi 88 so I presume she is moving there. Going up Soi 88 from the railway line pass between the two 7/11's and continue until you pass the school on your right. Just after the school is a block of shophouses with one of them having a noodle soup place during the day, she's in that block.
There you go PET :cheers:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

On the soi between 88 and 94. Drive between the 2 7-11s near Soi 88 Railway crossing and just keep going on that road for about a mile until you come to the school. Her shop house is the next place on your right.

Points 41; Position 18
Gus
Guru
Guru

Soi 88 Plaza

Post by Gus »

Do any members know if the live music is back on at the Soi88 plaza, sorry I don't know it's proper name. TIA
nellyp

Post by nellyp »

A bit late but yes the music is back.
i would just like to say that I think the food court is the best place to eat food in Hua Hin. It may not be the cheapest or the best, and it may not have the best live music or parking. However, the overall meal is brilliant. i actually think it is the best place I have eaten in all of Thailand
:D
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

But did you hear that last night all the motorbikes parked along the road were given a B 400 'parking fine' by Dick Turpin and his colleagues in brown. That would have spoilt a few meals!
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It might sound harsh, but I :clap: that action. It's becoming very dangerous trying to drive down that road. There should be more policing like that in Thailand.

Points 41; Position 18
teddyboom

Post by teddyboom »

Guys where is the soi 88 exact location?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

From Petchkasem, cross the Railway Crossing and it's directly in front of you , just past the 7-11s.

Points 41; Position 18