Mosquito Screens

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Re: Mosquito Screens

Post by J.J.B. »

Hi Winkie, I went to the shop mentioned by Takiap on Monday but sadly they were closed due to the holiday. I found another place a little further up the road and they are coming on Friday to measure up. I, too, am looking to have two sets of sliding French doors made-up to fit the pre-existing tracks; four 'panels' in total. I'll let you know once I've got the quote and am seriously hoping it will be due south of the 20k Baht already proffered by my developer's supplier..!
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

We just had our French windows measured-up and have chosen a matching white, powder-coated aluminium finish with light grey, fine mesh material. Each panel will fit to the sliding track already in place and will measure around 900mm x 2,450mm. The total price was 12k Baht, (3k per screen) which represents a 40% reduction on what we were originally quoted and they will be installed next week.

The young lady I have been dealing with speaks very good English and the whole outfit looks very professional. If anyone is interested in her number, send me a PM and I'll gladly send it across.
Wilde
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Just make sure they fit them correctly, I had my two story house done for 40k every external door and window, only problem is the upstairs are fixed from the outside so I cannot get them off to clean without a ladder
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
londongeorge

Mosquito screens and doors.

Post by londongeorge »

Anyone know where I can go to buy, and get installed, mosquito screens and doors in H.H. I would like metal framed mozzie doors that fit on the outside allowing my actual door to be left open for the breeze.

Thanks,

George.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Re: Mosquito screens and doors.

Post by Gregjam »

Search using +mosquito+screen and one of the first results is an earlier threa. Am sure someone more forum literate will supply a link. Basically various shops were mentioned, one on Petkasem just south of the Tessabahn on the western side of the road. They will come out and measure up plus fit them a few days later when they have been made. There are many places that do them and probably best if you have a Thai partner to get them to arrange things.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Re: Mosquito screens and doors.

Post by Ginjaninja »

limbu

Post by limbu »

Are magnetic mosquito screens sold in Hua Hin?
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Looking to replace 2 mosquito screen sliding doors. Tracks already there but the doors, which are in good condition, seem a poor fit, don't slide easily and sometimes fall off!

Searched for the shop near Tessabahn, that seems to have closed?

JJB do you still have the number of your supplier? Or anyone else can recommend a supplier more recently than the ones earlier on this thread ?
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Just as a side note, make sure the door hole is square and true. I've seen door openings that are off at the top creating an uneven vertical measurement between left and right sides. If that's the case a properly made sliding screen can jam, come off, or both. :shock: I actually have a normal sized hinged kitchen door with a problem and both the hard door and screen door had to be adjusted to fit, although with a hinged door not as big of an issue as it would be with a large slider door. TIT it seems. :roll: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Yes Pete, I think that's one of the problems, so the mosquito door is tight at one end making it difficult to slide and loose at the other.

Edit: It could be that the top rail needs adjusting/refitting.

Man in pub circa 1987.
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

Pagey wrote:Looking to replace 2 mosquito screen sliding doors...

JJB do you still have the number of your supplier?
PM sent. We're talking about a three year window here though (no pun intended), so anything could have happended.
Wilde
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Thanks JJB, I will give her a call. God forbid anything has happended to her !

Man in pub circa 1987.
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

^^ Do keep us posted.
Wilde
Martin Swift
Novice
Novice

Post by Martin Swift »

The glass factory also makes mosquito screens. It is a green building situated on the right hand side of Petkasim Road after you go through the lights after the City Beach ones and before you get to the PTT garage. The boss man is named Joe and his mobile is 0864583585. They are very efficient.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Martin Swift wrote:The glass factory also makes mosquito screens. It is a green building situated on the right hand side of Petkasim Road after you go through the lights after the City Beach ones and before you get to the PTT garage. The boss man is named Joe and his mobile is 0864583585. They are very efficient.
J.J.B. wrote:^^ Do keep us posted.
OK for anyone looking for mosquito screen here is my recent experience of 3 outlets.

I don't actually use my mosquito door screens, there are 2 sliding ones but in the morning I have to slide them apart to access the security features on my 2 wooden sliding doors which I then leave open all day while I am at home and never bother closing the mozzie doors, maybe because they don't slide smoothly!

First was JJB's lady who arrived on the appointed time. I was a bit disappointed as I wanted an engineer/fitter to come as he may have been able to fix the problem without replacing the whole lot as the doors are not damaged at all. She measured up and the next day sent me a quote. Light brown colour frame with black colour net, 271 cm wide and 211 cm high, 9,000 Baht. A bit expensive for me as I don't actually use them. (I did think of just taking them off the rails and go without).

Then I rang 'Joe' who asked me to send an email with what I wanted. He replied with cost of fly screen only at 520 Baht a piece, so 1,040 total which is a good price but no description or colour so I expect white. That was 15th October so I replied the same day explaining I needed a new track/rail fitting also so a complete set. He's never replied back.

I was told of an outfit on Soi 112, turn left at the 7/11 on Soi 1 and it's down a bit on the right. I was up that way yesterday lunchtime so I popped in and explained what I wanted and they sent 2 young fitters at 5 pm. He took the doors off, fitted some new wheels, adjusted them so they run smoothly and charged me 400 baht 15 minutes later.

I was happy with that but in hindsight Joe's 1,040 for 2 new doors which would have had the new smooth running wheels anyway may have been a better option had I known that was the problem. :thumb:

Man in pub circa 1987.