Transit times through Suvarnabhumi inbound

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: Transit times through Suvarnabhumi inbound

Post by STEVE G »

Have a bite downstairs in the food hall....
Yes, a local meal and a small beer can be had there for about a 100bt which has to be one of the better value meals available at an international airport. That beer bar on the mezzanine level in the Miracle food court is good to waste an hour as well although it costs more than the food court.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

A happy ending to this one. Flight was on time, immigration was maybe 5 minutes, baggage collection 5 minutes. Plenty of room on the 3pm bus.............. RESULT :D
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

An old, but relevant thread for me. We have quite a few visitors arriving in the next few weeks. I remember a while back there were outrageous queues, and the usual knee jerk reaction significantly reduced those delays.

I've just read:
STEVE G wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:56 pm I come in to Thailand every 12 weeks on average and there are now always long queues at immigration of mainly what appear to be Asian tourists, I suppose Chinese. I remember in the past, sometimes there being almost no queues at all but I haven't seen that for years now.
I can only suppose that these Asian tourists aren't interested in beach resorts because you don't see them around Hua Hin.
I know nothing lasts forever here in the Land of Smiles, so I'm just wondering what the current transit time through Immigration/baggage (all visitors will have baggage) control is. I need to advise them regarding booking of the airport bus.

Points 41; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

We had a friend arrive yesterday. Landed at 11:50 and was clear less than an hour later giving plenty of time for the 13:30 bus to HH.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

It took me about an hour and a quarter earlier this week. For booking the bus, I usually allow the hour and a half that they recommend which also means that they'll put you on the next bus if you're delayed for 30bt or whatever the charge is now.
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

HHTel wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:24 pm We had a friend arrive yesterday. Landed at 11:50 and was clear less than an hour later giving plenty of time for the 13:30 bus to HH.
I had about the same experience in mid-January flying in from Hanoi. About an hour to clear immigration and collect baggage, about 30 minutes to spare to catch the 13:30 bus. The line at immigration looked horrendous but it moved quickly. As you approach the front of the immigration line there were a couple staff members checking paperwork and trying to send people to the individual immigration officer queues to keep them balanced. Being tall I could see what was happening so went towards the far end where the individual lines were shorter, but many people bunched up at the lines near the center of the individual immigration officer queues, causing these lines to become longer and unbalanced.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thank you very much guys - 2 hours sounds sufficient.

Points 41; Position 18
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

A year, or so, back customs announced they were checking more bags upon entry, anyone seen that?
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

migrant wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:37 pm A year, or so, back customs announced they were checking more bags upon entry, anyone seen that?
They swoop onto anything that doesn't look like normal baggage, boxes, parcels or whatever but I've never been bothered carrying luggage.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Somehow I always hope that landing close to midnight the lines at IM will be short, this is not usually the case.
I have a friend who routinely, puts 300b in his PP and goes through the Crew line. I have never had the guts to try that.