[ADVERTORIAL] Thai Expat TV

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Re: [ADVERTORIAL] Thai Expat TV

Post by jingjoe »

I have no probs with my thai expat tv since they upgraded the system last year, I am on3bb as well...interesting sidenote I watch it thru my laptop ,with a cable to my tv. When I went back to Australia a few months ago, I could still access it through my laptop, which was great, I didn't miss out on any episodes of drama series.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I am currently in the UAE and watching Thai Expat TV through my laptop most evenings - as jingjoe experienced, it works a treat, so I believe the issue lies with the local internet service rather than anything with the Thai Expat system.
Nothappyjan

Post by Nothappyjan »

Many thanks everyone for your replies. I at least know that others are having similar problems.
Never for a moment thought it had anything to do with Expat TV, always thought it was the 3BB system.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It was definitely an Expat TV problem the night of the England/Wales match.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Not in Abu Dhabi - I watched the game live from beginning to eñd and didn't experience a single issue
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Big Boy wrote:It was definitely an Expat TV problem the night of the England/Wales match.
Watched England - Wales live and no probs. I have standard 3BB connection.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm talking about Thai Expat TV. Didn't you have a similar named package that offered a lot more when we discussed recently?

Points 41; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I have Thai Expat TV and ExpatPremium. The football is on Thai Expat TV.

I may have mentioned that Expat TV has another level giving more channels.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Well, I don't understand it, because Expat TV definitely had a problem.

Points 41; Position 18
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Big Boy wrote:Well, I don't understand it, because Expat TV definitely had a problem.
BB - I thought you also had 365sport - on which I watched the game - the picture did freeze rather too many times in the first quarter though.
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

PET wrote:
Big Boy wrote:Well, I don't understand it, because Expat TV definitely had a problem.
BB - I thought you also had 365sport - on which I watched the game - the picture did freeze rather too many times in the first quarter though.
I watched it on 365 without any problems. Surely all of these 'freezing' issues are related to the Internet connection rather than the program?
This is the way
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I couldn't watch it on 365 either. They do use the same servers though. As an aside will not be renewing my 365 contract because I have found better, much cheaper.

As I have said, after Tuesday's match had finished, I switched back to see if Expat was working, and it was, but there was still well over 20 minutes to go on the live feed. I know the live feed has a slight time lapse, but nowhere near that duration.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

HHTel wrote:I have Thai Expat TV and ExpatPremium. The football is on Thai Expat TV.

I may have mentioned that Expat TV has another level giving more channels.
I've just been back to the other thread, and I apologise - I was talking to your son. However, in that conversation he stated:
On the Expat Premium TV (not to be confused with Thai Expat TV) I get 8 Sky Sports channels, 3 BT sports channels, ESPN and Box Nation. Only get the Sunday night and Monday night PL football (just like the UK) which sucks, so have to go out to a bar somewhere on Saturday to watch the footie.

I'm assuming I'll get all Euro games on one of the channels from the two TV packages.
Now, that was in response to a direct quote by the Expat TV people regarding sport on their Premium service i.e.:
We do not provide any sports channels.

We install the app for a company called 365 Sport onto our set top boxes who offer sports channels.

You can sign up for a sports subscription with them through their website here: https://www.365sport.tv/index.php
Are you and your son talking different Expat Premium packages, or do Thai Expat TV not know what they are talking about?

Points 41; Position 18
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

* Thai Expat TV has no sports channels (but is playing all the Euro games, of course).
* Thai Expat TV 'premium package' has no sports channels.
* Expat Premium TV has 8 sports channels.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

GLCQuantum wrote:* Thai Expat TV has no sports channels (but is playing all the Euro games, of course).
* Thai Expat TV 'premium package' has no sports channels.
* Expat Premium TV has 8 sports channels.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: So why mention it then? I was assuming that he was getting his signal from a different source. And why can't these companies be more inventive when branding their products?

That aside, I don't care - it was not shown live last Tuesday, and I'm not the only one who noticed. It was definitely a very rare case of praise the lord for Thai TV, both Tuesday and Wednesday.

Fingers crossed for tonight, because Thai Expat TV definitely provides a much sharper picture.

Points 41; Position 18