Cost of a Swimming Pool?

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Cost of a Swimming Pool?

Post by JamesWest »

I know this is a vague question, but has anyone had a in ground pool installed at their house?

I was wondering about the cost of a medium size pool. Very basic. Rectangle shaped. 2.5 meters in the deep end.

Thanks in advance.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Re: Cost of a Swimming Pool?

Post by pitsch »

Beetween 500 000 and 1 Mio Baht, depending on size.
splitlid
Guru
Guru

Post by splitlid »

8 x 4 should cost around 750-800k with those depths.
"All the otters don't understand me"
"We might make you bother"
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

Ok thanks that is good enought for me at this point in time.

Thanks.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

Consider also running costs and maintenance . Electricity alone can be expensive.
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

My pool is slightly larger than medium, about 2 meters deep at the deep end. In conversation with the previous owner, who had the house built, he estimated the construction cost at around 1 million. When I bought the place a year ago, I had both pumps (main and jacuzzi), clorinator, all pump house electronics, sand filter, pool lights and all pump house valves and piping replaced with brand new as the original equipment was 12 years old and tired. Cost was 185,000, installed with 5 year warranty. Maintenance cost is 2000 per month, includes all labor and materials (salt, acid, etc). Poolman comes twice a week. I have over 3 years experience with this pool (this pool for one year and the identical one across the street for over 2 years) and have proven that running the pump 4 hours per day (2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening) is more than sufficient to ensure the clorinator converts enough salt to chlorine to prevent the pool from greening up. I've tracked my electrical usage meticulously, my pool uses about 10 units of electricity per day, which costs around 1400 baht per month.
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

Convert to a Pentair Intellaflow variable speed pool pump and your elect. usage will reduce to less than half the 1,500 B/month. I have had one now for almost three years. In addition to being very quiet, the power usage is very low (runs at only 620 rpm's on my pool size) on my 4m X 14m pool of 75,000 liters. Well worth the extra cost for that pump in elect. savings.
kun Tam
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kun Tam »

its about 650.000 baht for swimming pool for overflow (infinity ) or skimmer (abit cheaper) size about 4.5 (5) meter wide x 8.5 meter long. deep about 1.5 meters. garanty 5 years. all included pump system.