Blue Star Karaoke raid in Pranburi

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Blue Star Karaoke raid in Pranburi

Post by HHTel »

PRANBURI: -- Officials investigating human trafficking and underage sex at Blue Star Karaoke in Pranburi have found a strong connection with the infamous raid on the Nataree Soapy Massage parlor raid in June.

One of the Blue Star girls - who is thought to have been underage at the time - was at Nataree where she had her virginity sold for 80,000 baht by human traffickers.

And just like Nataree, the raid at the Blue Star in Suk Jai Road has netted an account book with the name of three policemen and one reporter. It mentions codenames, payments and even dates for
collection of the bribes.

And as the investigation widens it has been discovered that a girl's age was altered on work permit documents from 16 to 20.

Prajuab Khiri Khan governor has ordered the Blue Star shut and called for a province wide crackdown that could see the popular bar area of Soi Bintabaht in Hua Hin affected with closures.

The raid on the Blue Star at the end of last week was the culmination of a three month investigation by an NGO as a link was found with Nataree in Rachadpisek Road, Bangkok, that was raided on June 7th. At Nataree a "bribe book" was found full of names and several police from the Huay Kwang station were transferred. Some 115 mostly foreign girls were arrested.

At Blue Star one hilltribe girl admitted to being between 16 and 17 years of age - under the legal age allowed to be a sex worker. She had previously been at Nataree and told investigators that pimps there arranged for her virginity to be sold for 80,000 baht.

She was in possession of a pink work permit document on which the age had been changed from 16 to 20. It stated her date of birth as July 1st 1996. And contained the name and seal of Wanphen Kittisombunsuk at the Samut Sakorn labour department. Investigations are underway as to how this occurred but reporters understand that a payment of 6,500 baht was paid in connection with the changes to the girl's work credentials.

At Blue Star a ledger contained initials of three policemen. Two were indicated by the Thai letter อ (Or - Ang) and one by the letter น (Nor- Noo). Each of the officers was due to receive 3,000 baht a month on a date specified. A payment of 1,000 baht believed to be scheduled to an unnamed news reporter was also indicated in the ledger.

Prajuab governor Thawee Niritsirikun ordered the immediate closure of Blue Star Karaoke and many over 18 girls selling sex there are expected to be deported for having irregularities on their work permits. Thawee said that karaoke lounges, restaurants and beer bars throughout the province will be stringently checked and he mentioned specifically the Soi Bintabaht tourist area of Hua Hin for action.

Source: Daily News
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Blue Star Karaoke raid in Pranburi

Post by Dannie Boy »

looks like Soi 80 is in for an increase in trade!!
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

They know about 80 for sure!
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

is there an upper age limit for bar girls as many on soi 80 are past their best-by dates.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Please provide source links (from official news sources) when re-posting news articles (or unofficial translations). The original for the above story came from here: http://www.dailynews.co.th/regional/512669
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

oakdale160 wrote:is there an upper age limit for bar girls as many on soi 80 are past their best-by dates.

So am I :cheers: :neener:
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Couple of years ago in Binta area a bar put following announcement : HERE YOU DON'T PAY BAR FINE IF THE LADY IS OVER 60 YEARS OLD.
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

I heard the Karaoke area was closed, or at least had police in force at about 12:30 last night, as a result of this incident.

Any comments or confirmation ?
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Nataree (and its sisters) were targeted because they don't employ locals. The girls are hilltribe , Burmese, etc.. So I guess any establishment with that particular setup would eventually end up in the crosshairs..
วินเชนท์
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

VincentD wrote:Nataree (and its sisters) were targeted because they don't employ locals. The girls are hilltribe , Burmese, etc.. So I guess any establishment with that particular setup would eventually end up in the crosshairs..
yes and with a setup like that there is proberbly more profit and maybe trafiking involved to.

and most of the bargirls and massagegirls I have spoked with in Hua Hin isn't local.

:cheers: :cheers:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I think 'locals' in this sense means 'Thai' as opposed to Burmese, Laos, Cambodians etc.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

Where is the Blue Star Karaoke? anybody have google maps location?
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Why would you want to know? It's been closed down already!
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

HHTel wrote:Why would you want to know? It's been closed down already!
From his other posts I would imagine it's purely for journalistic research :wink: :P
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

He's a journalist!! With a post that a suspected bomb in Bintablock is confirmed........ after 4 bombs had gone off, hit the worldwide press and international news media. Not the sign of anybody up to date. Couldn't even check the threads already existing. I'm sure James is a lovely guy but he really needs to keep up.